@Gorillastomp and @Angellus have created an easy way to generate a forum template that matches the ones that are used in the Exoworld and Homeworld posts for your Sovereign or Creative world forum posts.
How to Use
- Go to https://www.boundlexx.app/tools/forum/
- Fill out the form with the details of your world
- Copy and paste the result into a forum post.
About Block Colors
Getting colors for worlds is not an automatic process. If the outputted code to post on the forum does not have your color data in it, just DM @Angellus or @Soju-VB with directions to a portal to your planet and one of them will be more then willing to go grab the data so you can update your post!
About World Images
There is no process to automate images. Sorry. That means you have to screenshot an image of your world yourself, crop it and then upload to your post. If you do not want the default question mark image, you can just delete the first line in the template.
For the image to look the best on the forums on other places, it is recommended for the image to be a square with the planet centered inside, have a transparent background and a minimal amount of empty area around the planet (< 5%/~50px).
Text Guide for Generating World Image (Windows 10)
- Download and install ShareX (screenshot utility application) and GIMP (image program).
- Load up Boundless. Go to your world and then go to the Sanctum. You should see your world above you.
- Screenshot the world (
CTRL+PRTSClets you select an area)
- Open up GIMP. Drag and drop your image into it
- Use the “Ellipse Select Tool” to draw a circle as tightly around your planet as you can. You probably want to zoom in to get it pixel perfect.
CTRL+Xto cut your world.
CTRL+Afollowed by delete to delete everything else on the image.
CTRL+Vto paste back your world
- Go to
Image -> Canvas Size...to resize your image down to a small square around your world. Use the center bottom to center the image inside:
- Go to
File -> Export as...and export your image as PNG.
- Drag and drop the image into your post and then replace the first line in your template with your new image!
The format for images is
NAME= the name of your image (in this case, probably your world name)
SIZE= the size you want the image to be resized to. We recommend
upload://URL for your world image. This should appear after you drag and drop your image into the forum window.
Here is an example one: