Gleambow Racing Returns! Commencing 21st May

Same same :’(

If only there was a dedicated metal shop, hmmmmm :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If only… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Hey, who knows. Maybe it’ll use gleam as the gem colour. Fives different metal trophies x 255 colours… :upside_down_face:

Edit: I really actually didn’t help my previous thoughts one bit with this notion. :woman_facepalming:t2:

IMG_1420

3 Likes

I dont think so. We have this same gem on the ornate wood storage i think and it has the same color no matter what the color of the storage is. I say refined gems are a good middle ground between a standard color and 255 colors xD.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’m the only one to think that, but I’m feeling incredibly indifferent towards the gleambow items we’ll be able to make/get.

These stars, I guess they have some kind of slidding rainbow texture effect, right?
Or is there a way to have a version made of gleam that takes on the color of the gleam used? Then it’d be interesting.

My point is that these are just sooooooo specific. You have to have a specific theme in mind oriented around rainbows to make a good use of these.

It’s like how each year, the various holiday events get several additional outfits/objects that are time-limited because of the currency required, and meanwhile, I’m still sitting on my bland wooden chair in front of my bland wooden table, waiting for a proper furniture update. :cry:
Can’t wait for the devs to announce something on that front, I don’t know how much longer I can cope.
I’m already feeling the need to look for other building games.

3 Likes

I think creative things can be done with them…same was said about Emotes on signs then we saw some really cool build uses.

The part that sparkles looks 1/2 block up (the star). Maybe using a chisel we could bevel and just reveal the star and create cool looks.

Or put them up on top of a castle and make it Mario themed.

There are options. Adding cool stuff just adds cool stuff.

4 Likes

Like with the other events, I’m sure some people will like the items and some won’t.
I’m going to use them for something (it wouldn’t match my build either, but idc lol).

If they were to add basic wooden furniture/doors/decor, I’m sure a lot of players would really like that (I wouldn’t like it bc I prefer sci-fi/modern, but it wouldn’t bug me at all).

1 Like

Thing is, I’m far more hoping for something like “in this update which is about something else, we also add tables in wood, stone, metal, gleam”. Then the following update, they add chairs. Then they add library blocks. Then cooking props. Etc.
I mean, I’d love one massive update with ALL the props we saw in concept-art, but it feels unlikely.

Right now, the actual update in testing has pretty much nothing appetizing, aside from the metal doors fix, which is still a nice change, but… eeeeeh… far from enough to keep me glued to the game.

So much time was spent making new systems to counter-act one specific player who felt the need to play dirty with others, and was still allowed to scheme further.

To me, the last big update was when the devs added the various chests. I’m making good use of them! But Daddy wants moar!

1 Like

I’ve seen a “furniture” update mentioned many times, along with totem blocks. Perhaps they are still in the works? So, there may be something like that coming in the future :woman_shrugging: Or maybe we’ll get a player-created/submitted catalog with lots of items to choose from like Minecraft/Roblox/Etc (thanks to the new creative mode that they are working on)

1 Like

Same here, with a mostly-marble build with sci-fi theme in mind, wooden stuff wouldnt reaaally fit for me too but i do like and appreciate whatever is added to the game tbh. It just adds to the variety. I like the “slight challenge” of always finding ways to add stuff to my build - breaks the monotony. I am not a huge fan of the oorty dolls but i dont hate them either lol. People made beautiful collections of them and that looked cool.

1 Like

I tought you were ok with any prop as long as it was designed by them

1 Like

I’m ok with them.
Doesn’t mean I’m excited for them.

Wait so this is craftable? Wouldn’t it be better as a dropped item for the victor of the gleambow meteor? (Person who breaks the most of the gleambow, only awarded when multiple people on participating in the meteor)

We do need unique collectibles in the game.

4 Likes

A yummy treat… :grin::rainbow:

8 Likes

That’s awesome! But how practical will this be with fall damage?
Edit: after watching again, it looks like it might boost fall protection too

1 Like

Does anyone have gleambow totems in stock? I need to buy some

1 Like

For forged ones, these are the ones I know about - :slight_smile:

Original Forgeries at Nova Golda
Vegapunk Forge at DK Mall
Technomancers at Gyosha Mall (haven’t checked stock here in a bit but had some a few days back when I was spending time trying to find forged ones)
Lanternlight Forge (directions here - 'bargain' totems)

I’ve still got ones to give out to any who want to message, one per person, will try to keep that going for a bit.

2 Likes

Hope this is year round!

1 Like

Yep! :smiley:

https://twitter.com/playboundless/status/1262362523111751686

This will be huge for exo exploring - even without the jump benefit, would use it for that. :slight_smile: (The other foods aren’t too important during surface wandering for me)

4 Likes