Outfits Exp & Targeting! Release 198 Overview | Jiivita's Corner

Opps… i meant to limit the max votes to 2… meh oh well lol

lol i almost added an “exploration” option to the poll =P… i guess my concern with that style is that the lengths on such videos can get quite long very quickly… i guestinmated that i spent around 6-8hrs exploring the Moebius Plaza and all its connected locations to make that video O.o (mostly because i get a bit OCD and try my best to get all the facts/info right)

granted as i was exploring the plaza i was a bit sad that i wasn’t recording my first impression =/

anyway i favor shorter videos (at least as short as i can make them o.o) since i myself don’t have a lot of time to watch long videos, so i try pack mine full of just the interesting / important bits and cut out the filler.

BUT… if you all don’t mind longer videos… there are quite a few advantages to a more raw / organic style (less editing & faster uploads) So i’m not opposed to trying this out =D lol kinda like “Lets Play: Explore this town”

4 Likes

I concur, I enjoy plain old exploration. It’s largely what I do when I play, that and mining. Whichever you do Jiivita, I’m sure they’ll be fabulous!

5 Likes

one thats just you @jivita going in a straight line on a planet off choise checking
out what ya find on the way
freestyling it :smile:

heres a tip for the icyspots

11 Likes

lol still getting use to posting and uploading so many different places O,o

and the new… significantly more ramblely overview of all the other cool bits of 184 ^^

also be sure to check out the poll above if you haven’t already voted ^^ last i checked Tips / tricks, community spotlight, and Updated promo vid are leading once the votes from YouTube were factored in iirc =) so next week i’ll be working on a tip vid and if i feel spunky and, time remitting, i’ll throw in an exploration-ish community spotlight XD

9 Likes

Been a busy day! Thank you Boundless Dev team for this amazing update!

First time i’ve been able to attend a Hunt ^^ and first time to upload 4 videos in one day! O.o

anyway here is the hunt from my eyes with very light editing… hope you enjoy!

13 Likes

Thanks for posting this! BTW I do want everyone to look at about 2 min in and the amount of mobs that were just eating grass and hanging out when we came through the portal. No meteor required. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

13:20 in second video is the first impact and resulting deaths. 14:20 in last video is the double metoer hit.

2 Likes

great videos - the double blast looks amazing

3 Likes

nice vid :smile:ran out off bows for second run (died alot lava issues and bad grapple skills) try to be there for next one

2 Likes

I felt like The Hunt this time round, first with meteors, highlighted that we also need bombs, or some weapon variation, now more than before :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bombs would be awesome for this… also since i already use diamond bows like a melee weapon… lances would be great… assuming they are high damage ^^

2 Likes

You realize I had 4 shop stands full of copper and iron slings for backups to avoid that, right? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

…/sigh

1 Like

i only use gem bows did not think off using metal lol
ill try it next time :smile:

2 Likes

@Jiivita your leaping to shoot cuttles in the face looked very effective! You are an exceptional jumper.

3 Likes

hehe too much Half-Life and Metroidvania o.o

2 Likes

I like getting close to cuttles to effectively use my spread slings. Do the same with spitters. I get within touch and bam! all darts in target.
It’s different when I use ruby sling. Distance should be maintained then.

2 Likes

Happy Holidays everyone! It’s been a crazy week with the old beacons expiring on top of the holiday madness O.o

anyway this was going to apart of the leveling tips/tricks vid BUT i felt this was eating up too much time… so here it is by itself ^^

handy trick for some quick skill points on a new alt… at least until the devs feel this is not cool =P

have a great one!

10 Likes

Hope you all had wonderful Holidays! here’s a long overdue video showing off / explaining the Portal Frame Competition + some Tidbits on upcomming videos and @virresss 's New Daily Hunt ^^

sadly a cold derailed my schedule a bit but my voice/cough is about normal/gone so next week i’ll have some of the mentioned video topics out ^^

Peace!

Official Contest Post

9 Likes

@james is the contest already closed to new ppl? I already stated I wanted to join. Just got off a 60 hour work week after new years and finally saw on the thread for the contest its closed. I see spots left open. Am I miss reading something?

1 Like