How many fully powered machines can fit on one spark generator setup?

Yeah, I was thinking if you lined 16 generators in a row, and alternated the sides the links came out of you could get 64 link lines from the sides… then possibly 2 from the far ends for 66 total. I haven’t played with it though, was just playing a mental game with ideas.

1 Like

All 16 generators have to be placed within a 4x4x4 cube.

2 Likes

gotcha, that limits it a bit then :wink:

1 Like

Mine are like this at the moment

Ignore the links sticking out the front, I was just playing with them.

Like this I think I could get 8 coming out of each side (if the other side wasn’t against the wall), and then maybe 8 more coming out the top / sides / bottom if possible.

3 Likes

Hmm yeah.

I’m not at a workshop at the moment and I was picturing the grid wrong. It looks like you can do 24. Always test lol.

I’m mining so a bit distracted but also I was thinking that it’s probably more accurate to say “you can only link 100 spark links together” rather than “100 per generator face” since if you make a loop between 2 faces, the entire loop has to be 100 or less.

You can set things up so that more than one generator attaches to the loop though. The 48 machines in my shop each have access to about 33m shared spark.

2 Likes

hehe, yeah I don’t really have the machines to test it… was more of a mental game to see what might be possible :blush:

1 Like

If you want to actually play I have … so many parts lol.

1 Like

lol… I just started crafting 16 new spark generators so I could mess around without taking apart my current workshop… but sadly I just got these messages.

So looks like messing around will have to wait for another time… again.

1 Like

Oh yea that’s right. Forgot about that. I didn’t do it I game so there’s that. And I use 1 generator per machine so there’s that too lol

2 Likes

lol yep i was “head modeling” and counted faces of a 2x2and edges of a 4x4 :stuck_out_tongue:

should have stuck to rock smashing

1 Like

I already had a heck of a lot of machines hooked up to one spark gen set.

Now tho I can move the machines closer together and fit in even more!

Only limiting factor I now encountered was the mesh limit.

My tip: put the sparkgen blocks in the corners of 4 chunks! I wish I had done that when I made my workshop!

3 Likes

You can run as many lines of 100 sparklinks as you can manage!

It’s per spark gen face, so 1 sparkgen block can already, theoretically, have 6 lines of 100 going out, add in 15 more in some creative way, haha, and you free up more gen faces you can hook up to without them trying to merge with an existing one

1 Like

hehe, yeah its all about configuring them in a way to not have the links auto-connect :stuck_out_tongue: … I was just playing around with a semi odd layout and managed 27 individual spark link lines out of one connected generator bank but oh boy is it a mess :sweat_smile:

This was just the first way I threw them together… very likely not the most you can get out of a single spark generator bank.

1 Like

It can get messy indeed!

5 Likes

But now that we can repair just the one that makes it much better!! Did anyone ever test this any further. Looking to do something similar but I hate that you lose your spark generated when you move the generator.

1 Like

Since this post I built a factory that has 180 machines sharing 8 spark generator banks.

I’m sure this isn’t anything like the limit and setting it up so that the generator sets are linked together without interrupting the lines actually cuts back on the number of machines you can attach.

2 Likes

Can you connect more than one cube of generators, together on one single line?

As in something like this;

| |–±--| |

1 Like

Yes and if you put machines between them they will see both generators.

But a machine can’t see a generator through another one they have to be attached not through if you want to use more than 2.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I meant connected by the same spark link. I already know a generator sadly doesn’t carry connections through other links as if it was one big network. :pensive:

Would allow someone quite a lot of power with a lot of generators up, like 10 would give you at least 40 million max spark.

1 Like

8 x 16 generators (8 full sets)

View from the top (the other 4 are behind me)

180 machines here

So if all the generators are full every machine here has access to a shared amount of about 133.6m spark (8 sets x 16.7m per set).

edit: Right now it’s only about 80m spark though I think. I forgot to check before I logged out.

2 Likes