Let's all enjoy the new respawn rate

It may be 1/3 less but still, the collection rate on them is quite healthy. The problem is finding the pockets… and then the old regen worked against those small pockets because many people had them mapped so were constantly checked and resetting the regen clock as I understand it. With the recent tweaks, those spots have been showing up in healthy rates again. If you pull in 500 emes/diams an hour, you should be getting about 335 rubies an hour.

1 Like

You alluded to the assumption people would probably still complain which my initial response referenced. So you did bring it up. Seems like you changed the context to fit a different part of the posts maybe?

Then you say this, which seems like it may be a complaint. Cheaper things for everyone is a good thing. Promotes creativity, community, and longevity. I’m sorry if it dips in to your profits, goals, etc but I’m definitely a fan of a cheaper market. It’s one of the reasons I enjoy being a primary gatherer. I like to barter, and I like cheap goods :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You also need new players to make progress for the game to grow. Gems are frankly still overpriced. Should be more in the 300-400 range.

2 Likes

Can I ask as a new miner of gems what is the best altitude to actually mine on.
I go to the light blue areas but still not getting many gems i mine for hours and feel lucky to get 50 gems. I usually go through a stack and half of iron hammers.
I don’t know what i am doing wrong!
I get dishearted as reading this post getting a few hundred in less time.

Which gem(s)?

Someone also mentioned if you mine about 30 blocks and dont see resources there is a chance regen hasnt finished and you should try a different area. Resources always regen last

At moment looking for Emeralds and Amethyst.
Then need Sapphire and Topaz.

Which gems? I assume all gems

I’m not an expert but these are notes I collected from previous posts (sometimes multiple depth ranges):
Beseverona has: Corrosion -> Amathyst 0-20. Forge Toxin -> Emerald 0-20. Mixer

Alnatins has: Chill -> Saphire. 40-110. 100-125. Extractor Shock ->Topaz. 115. 100-180. 120-140 refinery

Surfin’ Safari has: serpensarindi Blast -> Diamond. 10-30. Mountains. Workbench Burn -> Ruby. 8-18. 10-20. Compactor

Looking at those notes, I have heard diamonds are more numerous near mantle depth, as close to 0 as the world goes. So range 4-20?

I was hoping for a bit more precise i tend to try and be at level 16 to 10 but I don’t know if I am actually to high to be effective.
I hope I am not annoying by asking this.

I guess I need to try to find these hot spots, I’m still only getting around 300 gems an hour.

This is my method. For everything but topaz and sapphire I go to mantle depth. I then go 1-2 above mantle and start going nuts with a 3x3 aoe with persist pie and str or spd brew. I then Dig a large box within a mapped hotzone. I then skip 2 rows each tunnel so there is 1 exposed side new on each tunnel lane. With this method I tend to grab a 1-2k gems, maybe more, maybe less per hammer life.

Sometimes I’ll get a hair up my rear and decide to sprinkler and just explode the whole room and leave a hole the size of a fancy gem bomb. If you do things right and get a good run on gems and ore, you can potentially walk away with 1mil in goods if you are able to sale all your rocks/ores/gems/fragments. Those values may be going down a smidge since ores and gems are slowly falling, but you get the idea I hope.

edit: meant to add, so for the price of an extremely high end hammer at 35-50k, you can potentially walk away with 18-19x your investment, if you sale every last item you gathered. Thats looking at top end best case scenario, your returns most of the time will be half of that… closer to 500k on average (i expect this average to go up however since the regen has been getting tweaked and getting higher gem returns is more reliable.)

Thanks this has been helpful so seems maybe i was too high.
Edit going that low how do you manage with lava?
I seem to always find huge lava lakes sorry for the newbie questions but just having trouble getting gems.

Lava lakes can be a pain. going just above lake height and mapping it out and around it can be time consuming but generally a 1 and done once you’ve done it one time. TBH I’ve never had a huge issue with them impacting my gem/hr rate. I tend to tunnel around them if theyre in the way and then leave the pockets inside them for someone else who has more time/is more meticulous.

If youre doing emeralds, there are quite a few areas where the lava lakes arent an issue at all, and other areas are just straight up lava tubes. I wont tel you where each are because thats half the fun but once you figure out which hot zones are a pita and which ones arent you’ll have more than enough in your head to know where to bounce to when one area dries up… if theyre all dried up then sometimes the tubes/lakes are the only option and there isn’t a real easy answer. just got to suck it up and grind.

Diamonds and rubies on Alcyon are a similar deal. Pockets where there isnt any lava to deal with at all, and still get good yields per hour.

Thanks for the advice. At least i got a little more understanding.

Wow. Yeah, Shedu Tier is a good time.

200 more 9 minutes later. This seems more efficient than Diamond to me. o.o

Edit: Four minutes later, 100 more Emerald.

Get down here guys. Let’s flood the gem market. :wink:

1 Like

I guess I could fit the category of one who complains. Older players who know where to look will, in my opinion make sure to get to the gems and clean them out. That is obvious when you read " I got _____ (fill in the blank) with three digits of gems or highly desired ores.
He went to a level 5 mine and looked in several places; found plenty of torches, areas where he knew someone had mined, but just one diamond.
We went to a level four mine and same thing, we went to where he had found some silver and gold and there was evidence of mining. Since he can deal with the critters more than I can he does most of his mining alone and will search various locations and planets I can’t go to and there will be signs of mining but he doesn’t find anything or just one or two.
The atlas for Till is priced over 1k coins and another planet he goes to was even more expensive. Yeah, I know, he should stop being a idiot and buy them. But he doesn’t listen to his mother, he is 34, too old to have Mommy tell him what to do. LOL

I spend over three hours and only get 12 gems not fair

1 Like

I’m just glad i’m not the only one mining for 3hrs and getting 50 gems is a jackpot.

1 Like

I’m not much into mining but using an AOE hammer is pretty fun. Knocking out 9 blocks at a time and hearing the chomp sound effect as you collect rocks and ore is pretty cool. All those bomb miners who quit the game don’t know what they’re missing

2llv77

1 Like