Loch Lomond and the mountain Tara - a settlement on Therka

Hello there fellow citizens of Boundless!
I am looking for people to settle near my settlement so we can join together in transforming beautiful surrounding of icy Therka. There are 2 of us here so far, sharing resources through adding each other to our beacons. The idea is to help getting resources and building.

Our coordinates: Therka 181, 643

Heres entrance to our house in a mountain.

inside the main hall

approaching the Mighty Throne

As you can see theres still a lot to do so if anyone wants to take part in decorating interior, you can help us replacing gravel, sand and whatever natural materials make the walls, with some nice decorative crafts!

On the other side of the lake, beyond the ice bridge, there is another part of our little kingdom - The Gardens

The Villa

house on water

and a few more…
there are small ponds around that we want to join with little bridges so theres a lot of nice green and water space for housing looking just great and we would love people come over and build and add up their ideas to The Gardens.

And here’s a mysterious grotto. For those who come here and venture into its depths there are plenty surprises as more and more underground space opens and it all needs crafty hands to change them into decorative miracles.

Space to live, a lot of creative work and hospitality of the Ice Mountains People await you :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I would like to visit, what are the coordinates?

1 Like

ah, forgot the most important. I’ll add it to the post on top. :blush:

2 Likes

Clan’s Main Hall is being refurbished with a new floor laid down:

The Machine Wall has been nicely built in the rocks with power core supplying energy via underground lines, leaving pipes out of sight, which I very much like:

The Bridge running across the room has been lowered giving better view of the opposite side of the hall when standing at the entrance:

It also got a new better look through refined bricks and decorative stones laid down to replace mixed components of old.

As you can see there are still walls and galleries to be redone - it all have its natural maiden look with soil mixed with stones and resources visible. The target is to have it all refined and decorated and give it glamour that home of the Clan deserves.

Again I invite all with free time and creative nature to call in and join me with ideas and hands ready to work. Building homes around the lake under the mountain is very welcome. For those who like to hunt and search for rare resources, I offer trips to Clan’s base on Munteen. :sunglasses:

This portal leads to Munteen base.

It leads to a secluded residence:

With a nice view at a cemetary at its feet :joy:

Location is not random. This passage from the cellar leads to caves full of amethyst. You are welcome to join some mining.

6 Likes

ClanOf Therka Icy Mountains (or simply COTIM :joy:) finally opened a shop. The wierdest building in our settlement offers this and that… you know :wink:

Here it is:

Buying plinths on the ground floor (please bring coal people if you are around!)

You can buy upstairs:

PS. Thank you to our first customer - @ScorpionMissy. Hopefully Dark Blood from our stock was fresh and tasty :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Main Hall have got new walls - after redoing the floor three walls have been decorated and got their final shape (or close to final :yum:)

The North Wall, also called The Metamorphic Wall or The Wall Of Hammers:

The East Wall, also called The Sedimentary Wall or The Hexagon Wall:

The West Wall, also called The Igneous Wall or The Power Wall:

Next in queue for finish is the Throne Room. Coming soon with silver, gold and amethyst involved. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

And we have opened a new portal - Ice People have a direct line to @ScorpionMissy’s shop in Dragons Watch. :sunglasses: Missy as a born Therkian(ess) :wink: was a big help and our cooperation should prosper.

Me and Missy at the opening :grinning:

and Therka side

3 Likes

And it’s time to introduce the new addition - The Throne Room. A lot of work went into it as so many different materials were used, including time consuming bricks and glyph bricks.

Massive door stand on the way to the room. They open to the throne of gold and silver. Amethyst part of the floor leads right to it (remember to wipe your feet before entering!!)

To the right there are five seats for members of The High Council, who aid the Leader Of The Clan in his tough job of maintaining peace, order and prosperity of the Ice People.

The Five face The Gleam Wall. Blue gleam used there outlines a shape of a mountain - the symbol of The Clan.
On both sides of The Gleam Wall you can see glyph bricks (its a secret what the glyphs say :grin:)

A big chandelier lights the room up, even though the gleam used around provides good lighting of its own.

3 Likes

And we have a shop in Therka Market - finally! :sunglasses:

It’s tight but with only 2 plots available couldn’t do more at the moment. With the next plot coming, there will be expansion to the back and more room and plinths. For now take a look - there’s a surprise inside!

View at the shop approaching from the main road towards @Wichalll’s house. As you can see it’s been designed to resemble Clan’s natural environment - mountains and caves. :grinning:

View from the @Wichall’s house side.

As mentioned before, not much space inside for now, but you have 3 plinths inside to chose from (for starters).

And the surprise (if you haven’t noticed something going on in the window in the first picture): the shop has its own private portal leading to Clan’s main shop in our main settlement.

Happy trading and warping!! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

And yet another small build. I realized there’s a plot that only covers a top line of the tower you can see in the pic below and the rest of it is unused - 7 blocks up not covering anything.

So I added another vertical stretch on the side of the mountain and created higher view point over the lake. Experimented with stairs being outside the structure winding around the walls.

A different angle day and night:

View from top:

5 Likes

After my trip to Nasharil the main hall got a new ceiling and the galleries have new floors :sunglasses:

green Nasharil twisted wood created a bit of a decor in the throne room:

5 Likes

Oh my, it’s been 3 months. Got busy with testing there, but came back and re-activated my portals meaning my shop in Therka Market is open again, as well as my main shop in the Clan’s settlement.

Some amethyst equipment and dark blood on sale.

Take a look at the screenshot below to locate me. Sorry for a tight space inside but I’m out of plots.

Also - my both shops are portal-linked so you can seamlessly walk between them needs be. Here some shots from Therka Market and Clan’s side.

1 Like

How did I not know about this place? I must have been there, surely. I spent more time on Therka than anywhere else.

I may spend most of my time on Elopor these days, but Therka will always have a special place in my heart. I’d love to settle something in your town!

I’m a little short on both time and plots right now, but I’ll be sure to add something when I can. Are there any requirements I should be aware of? - or any specific style you’d like?

2 Likes

Hey. I’d be delighted to have you around and add up to builds. No requirements really. Try to use common sense and work around surroundings and along your own taste at the same time. Good example is a small water house near the bridge built by a guy long time ago. With all my portals up and running again you have easy access to and from Therka Market, Dragon’s Watch and my house on Munteen (next to a cemetery so a good hunting ground for oort stones/dark blood and blue gleam as well; very close to pre-fab altars too; it seats on amethyst caves although I haven’t checked how much worse it got after the famous distribution update).

1 Like

The Clan gets involved in the newest shop project in Therka Market, joining @Arkefyre and his idea of mining/hunting company. Thus, Clan’s little shop is gone and moved to a new area.

You won’t miss that sign, going East from @Jeffrotheswell’s portals.

Here’s The Funky Corner selling our usual set of stuff.

The big mall is raising up from the dirt and here’s the front of it. The building area is quite big and there are a lot of surprises on the way. We will make sure its not just a shopping space but also a fun place to go. More screenshots coming later, as I we don’t want to reveal too much too soon.

3 Likes

Our Munteen base got a road connection with Miner’s Bluff. Now we are one big settlement. It’s a bit of a stretch sp you are all welcome to build along the road and add up to it. You can get there through Miner’s Bluff and its portals or use Icy Mountain Clan base - we have a portal to our main settlement on therka and from there right to BAY Mart in Therka Market.

Mid-way between our base and Miner’s Bluff we have built a small shop called Red Water, offering high tier slingbows and hammers for Munteen miners and hunters.

Here’s the front of our Munteen base:

entrance to Red Water Shop - it’s on the side off a bridge over lava river:

and that can be seen here (view from the road from Miner’s Bluff side):

after turning around you approach Bluff:

Buy or not - it’s a must see due to its unique architecture! Get inside to witness the full power of nature on display. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Red Water Shop reveals its interior.
A special little shop naturally heated by nature’s best.

7 Likes

A new villager started building in our main settlement on Therka. :sunglasses:

Around the same time a temple started raising up from icy and rocky slopes of Tara Mountain:

And the secret cave system has received some interior improvements resulting in underwater room.

Once again, new players are welcome to settle here, where ice, rock, trees and water meet in an inviting mix of mountains and lowlands. Our settlement offers help for new villagers, assisting in crafting and building, providing tools and materials when needed.
Meeting Of The Roads is a location on the ice bridge where one can find portals to Therka Market, Septerfon mining location and Munteen famous Miner’s Bluff.

3 Likes

Thanks The Great Oort for more plots.
Digging deeper into the Tara Mountain.

The new engine room:

Soon the Throne Hall will be ready - expanded and refurbished.

4 Likes

Receiving all the unusual colored gleam from @Cookviper (thank you, Sir, once more!) inspired me to do something I neglected for months. The gardens.
Months ago it was lack of plots. Lately (after amassing over 500 of them) it was the chisel update and re-shaping my builds (still ongoing).

But today…

Mountain Tara sits over Loch Lomond - a pretty, even though rather small, lake. Loch Lomond is accompanied by several smaller ponds as well as, unusually in this icy area, some lush and trees.

I had plans to connect all the cosy green areas with small bridges over the ponds and create small little cute corners of all sorts. Till today there were only 2 such havens made and 2 bridges built.
Here is the newest addition, sporting all 12 colors of gleam I have in my collection.

The Gleam Walk. Part I with 6 colors: from purple/pink through teal and greens to yellow.

Part II with the rest of colors (shades of oranges through red and topped with cream):

3 Likes