Meet and greet. for old and new players

Uh then i bring?.. ehm?.. m-my good look?

thorbjorn and i talked about making an event guild when the game comes out to make events for the newer players.

@ben when you get further along the line closer to launch would it be possible to make a huge event thing where you could gather some of the backers and give us some sort of godly powers xD

Yeah as we are probably going to end up with a lot of low tier items we wouldnā€™t get much for selling anyway, using these items as quest/event rewards and such would probably help get the story going :slight_smile:

And what is more fun then playing RP for newcomers anyway?

1 Like

i think we should make a guild where the initiation is sending them into a player made cave and force them to fight a veteran.

or even cooler we make a huge underground dungeon filled with traps and puzzles that they need to get through to be allowed to get in.

2 Likes

The trap run sounds like an amazing idea! Lava is a must :smile:

if we can get lava. yeah. although it isnt killing enough. more like hidden doors (which they have promised) that would drop you unto a set of spikes.

If you lot want to organise events/server crashes you can do it now, organise on here :smile:

3 Likes

Hi guys and gals!
I was keeping track of Oort for a while - checking the website once a week or so - but Iā€™ve finally become a Wayfarer in early January.

Iā€™m a 25 y/o f from southern germany. I play Oort mostly alone, sometimes with my boyfriend (he is not that much into Oort for now - heā€™s missing the crafting aspects) but I enjoy building very much. I love the varying landscapes of the worlds! And I absolutely love the style of the game and the direction in which itā€™s headed. I am so much looking forward to every little update thatā€™s announced.

I played lots of games, online and offline, my first being Commander Keen - Goodbye Galaxy.
The last MMO I played was WoW, I quit a few weeks after reaching lvl 100 - I felt put under pressure too much. I feel the garrison sucks, I dont want to put up with dailies and I hate that absolutely everything gets nerfed.

I play Heroes of the Storm sometimes, but Iā€™m new to Moba games. So: I really suck ;O

Wow, what a wall of text. Iā€™m very sorry :disappointed_relieved:

I feel that Oort has a wonderful community and I can not wait to watch the game grow.

I AM SO PUMPED! :laughing:

3 Likes

Mei mei, da steh ich dran wie der Ork vorm Bork :smile:

1 Like

I guess I never really introduced myself

My name is b00n or b00naloo

I am 27 years old, I live in Indiana and I am currently going back to school and I work full time repairing Computers.

I play a ton of games, lots of MMOs and lots of multiplayer. I play more DotA 2 than anything.
In the sandbox world, I used to play tons of minecraft, Feed the Beast, and a lot of rust.

I am so excited about this game and where it is going, im glad I got in early and hopefully we will all be around for a while and be able to enjoy an amazing game.

At this time I am building out in Lotad. I wouldnā€™t mind having some neighbors, but I also like my peace :laughing: you can add me on steam if you want: b00naloo http://steamcommunity.com/id/b00naloo/

2 Likes

Hi.

Iā€™m Cobble, also known as Ryan Grey.

I became interested in Oort a few months back when it was a new idea.

I bought Oort on Christmas Day, 2014.

I had an account on the last forum but didnā€™t enjoy it much, and hardly posted.

Iā€™m glad to see that theyā€™ve created a new forum, Iā€™ll be very active here! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Cobble, im not sure how to link it directly, so heres this link :smile:
https://forum.oortonline.com/t/meet-and-greet-for-old-and-new-players/78?u=b00n

Welcome Cobble!!

sorry to be that guy, but its called ā€˜ā€˜Mobasā€™ā€™ not ā€˜ā€˜Dota gamesā€™ā€™ā€™, as long time moba player i cant let something like that slip xD

Hi guys! I am The Exarchian (pronounced ex-ark-ee-en). I love to build epic structures. I am a 41 year old artist and fabricator with a lot of reativity which pours forth in to my games. I look forward to building my fortress cities and flourishing in Oort. I have played a lot of Minecraft and have performed duties as an admin. And like most people I hate going to my job, it interferes with my gaming!

3 Likes

:laughing: allright thanks for updating me!

Stiqe here. You can call me Dan if youā€™d prefer.
25, workin as a cog in the gaming industry while I make my own stuff by moonlight.

Iā€™m pretty passionate about the stuff that interests me. And Oort Online definitely interests me.

The community is a huge part of a game like this, and I canā€™t wait to be a part of it. (x

I used to be emeraldweapon, made a new account so my son could have that one.

Iā€™m 29, from California. I work as a UX/UI designer right now, but Iā€™ve done everything from identities and interiors to marketing and magazines. :smile:

I set up home on Gortnen, about 600.1300. Been playing for a little over a month and loving it!

aaaaand to the top. for all the new faces.

2 Likes

Hi! Jenndragonfly here :slight_smile: That is my forum name and ingame name for ease of remembering. My Real name is Jenn as well so SUPER easy. I build on LAPASā€¦I chose that world because it reminds me of one of my favorite stones Lapis Lazuli, which is a deep blue and the blue gleam was beautiful! (I really miss the blue gleam :frowning: )

I live in Connecticut on the east coast of the USA. I am Mom to my little boy Hunter, who is 8 and also a budding gamer! He loves minecraft and loves to watch me on this game too (his older mac will not run it though) I am an ARTIST (my sketch above) and teacher (1 year olds) and hut builder in game (i have not really done any epic builds yet LOL) I have been playing Oort for a couple weeks nowā€¦I just got a new PC that can easily handle anything i want to play (finally) I have had this game in my wishlist for a while. I am very lonely in the game too - so if you would like help with a build, please message me, I love to help others and really would love to get to know you all in our Oort community!!

3 Likes