Monumental Boundless news!

Or a future idea even – grow… but shh…

@grayhaze I am a little unsure what your image meant except to mean I would be upset about the news. My image was simply, no one knew what was going on and for someone to say I told you so is rather silly. I couldn’t be happier for the community.

I apologize if you had some inside information, but I highly doubt that was the case. Either way, it looks like my only concern with the lack of communication will likely be fixed so I can continue on with adding to my 9k hours in my 20 months of playing.

So, Boundless is leaving the UK…

…not a bad move considering the future…

Britain-s-King-Charles-III--L--speaks-with-Britain-s-Prime-Minister-Liz-Truss--R-during-their-first-meeting-at-Buckingham-Palace-in-London-on-September-9--2022._18326a3676f_medium

5 Likes

Happy to hear the news and I look forward to seeing some updates down the road. Welcome @monty1 and the team!

2 Likes

Feel free to express yourself. But don’t be surprised when people call you out for being excessively negative. We honestly don’t need those kind of drama queens here.

2 Likes

Well there maybe a future after all. We will wait to see where we go from here. Congrqats @monty1 for acquiring a great game that needs some love. look forward to what may come in the future.

3 Likes

trumpets

3 Likes

Posting that GIF in response to my tongue-in-cheek comment (note the :wink:) implied that you were telling me I was boring, and were attempting to start some drama.

And of course I didn’t have inside information. I merely speculated that the reason for the radio silence could be because funding discussions were taking place and making any comment until they were finalised could jepardise the outcome.

2 Likes

The number one issue that I’ve had with the game, from day one, is communication. James either didn’t feel it was important and therefore didn’t bother with it, or just simply didn’t have/make the time for it but, either way, it left the community out in the cold, with no idea of when/if we’d ever hear anything.

Community engagement is absolutely critical. @monty1 and @Tiggs are already off to a great start in this regard!

8 Likes

I wish we all could do this. Just go silent and give the new team time to form, settle in, absorb the game and all the details, brainstorm stuff, then come back to us when they’re ready with news or if they need any feedback.

5 Likes

Once they get the round table set up and get a plan in motion that’s when they will really get to see the foundation of this game and how it truly operates. Until then let’s flood this forum with our wish lists for the potential future of boundless in hopes of them picking out things they feel will improve the game.

Great question! Boundless has many forms for players to communicate. I’ll be assessing and looking into the best way to gather feedback across all of them so nothing is missed and everyone can provide feedback.

15 Likes

This. Some people got very excited and are spurting off ideas. Wait :raised_hand: they might be good ideas however they will just get lost in the flurry of things if 100 people say things now

4 Likes

Exactly this. If someone just checks in and says hey, still busy. Tried x and it ended up taking 10x longer than we thought as it was complex I think a lot of people would be happy to stick around and perhaps even get more gc money coming in

1 Like

And by the way, the next one who comes and say “communication was alright, what do you want them to do, tell you every 5 minutes that they’re working?” gets the hose.

6 Likes

Or we could just go silent, play other games, let monty and the team do what they feel is best. Then complain about the changes made that we don’t like :slight_smile: I am confident Tiggs listens and advocates for the players BUT players do have wants/needs/ideas.

They can just read, listen, compile information. Take a look at our feedback and make the business decisions from there. So good/bad/ugly I hope they hear us and take in the feedback :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Tiggs @monty1
I’ve run into a lot of players that don’t access the forum nor use discord. It would be great if there were a way to include them in polls, notices, & other communications. An account management page would be great, but email notifications would be alright too.

This might need to be refreshed/refined at some point so everyone knows what’s expected of them.

Useful links 1, 2

16 Likes

Welcome to Boundless @monty1 and The Monumental team! I hope that you give the game the love and attention that it deserves! We here in the community are passionate about this game (if you haven’t already noticed? :slight_smile: I’m glad that the game will no longer be at a standstill. As for @james and the rest of the Dev team! Thank you for Boundless. I have meet a lot of great people in the game and developed friendships. Thank you for everything that you have done with boundless up to this point! Wish you guys’ luck in your future adventures!

Lorelie

7 Likes

I’m struggling not to respond to every message. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

This is where you throw Tiggs to the wolves

6 Likes