[NOTICE] Exploits and Abuse

-uses machine as intended-

cackles maniacally

9 Likes

cackle

11 Likes

I wish they WOULD get caught by the Devs and have real repercussions if they
are botting, scripting, etc

I think a large part of the definition, and this situation, is when you KNOW that a mechanic is not working correctly, or that a glitch or bug occured, and you take advantage of it for personal gain in any way. I think all they are asking is for integrity from the community in communication of these things.

Just MY interpretation of the situation.

1 Like

Did anyone ever actually get in trouble for the 0,0,0 exploit? I heard every planet was plotted at that point so at most 50 accounts should have been banned. If not it completely negates this post and shows that it only matters when the devs feel like it.

1 Like

This should be pretty clear, it’s an obvious use of the system. While perhaps not ‘intended’ at the outset the system has been balanced to consider it as a regular part of gameplay.

Agreed. I wonder if crafting rocks into stones is still an exploit :smirk:

I don’t know why you personally are so adamant about this. Sour grapes I assume or what makes it different from the gleam?

• The minter offered a price.
  • The minter paid the offered price.
  • People minted stuff.
  • Community was unhappy with a price perceived as imbalanced.
  • Devs changed the price.

Nobody was manipulating systems or bypassing game mechanics and nothing was other than “As Advertised”. This may have been a developer oversight, it may have been a balancing misjudgement, or it may have been a deliberate move to clear a good amount of stored fuel/spark out of the game.

This is a much more reasonable statement IMO.

You keep posting a video of some team activities as an example of “exploiting” when what you keep complaining about is “botting” and the video you post is an example of “teamwork”.

Perhaps you could post this video instead, it has the same effect on the server:

In any case multi-boxing is an accepted activity since at least the release of the game and spamming regen bombs is normal gameplay at this time. As this thread is likely to go to hundreds of posts another thread to clarify acceptable use of multiple accounts might be a good idea.

The devs have given a definition of botting and that’s a topic for a separate thread it’s a different activity from exploiting, which is generally considered to be manipulation of bugs or unforseen combinations of activities leading to unexpected and/or undocumented results.

Neither selling items to the minter for the displayed price nor manually spamming regen bombs seems to fall into this area at all.

Using reclaim to drag loot home seems to be a gray area and the devs have graciously given us clarity on this one.

13 Likes

The person who was documenting it was the owner on Biitula… after it was fixed we built a monument there since 0 & 0 is the center of ?? :wink: It does not generate footfall, but each day 25 rough oortstone appear magicly at my feet when I go there to pay homage to the monument (true story! :wink: )

This was determined to be an honest mistake and not an exploit. Just because you think it is does not make it so.

3 Likes

It’s one thing to report and get things fixed and I believe that should be rewarded but what about the other 49 planets?

No idea…but the 25 free rough oortstone I am keeping those :wink: Not an exploit, but a daily gift from the God of @james perhaps? lol

Yes, your question is a valid one…but even more HOW long was that 0,0,0 thing a thing? Over a year someone said…wow

Exploits are gamebreaking or not as intended to gain unfair profit from.
Although i highly agree that when things are set and pay off the way the system tells you it does - it should not be considered an exploit but rather unbalanced game settings.

Exploits are when things dont do what they intend to do.

For example - its no exploit to own two accounts… Farm with one and fight with the other. You have to manually operated them both - which can be limiting as well. Also it helps pay for the developement and the server of the game. I mean - you could have someone follow you - he would have just less fun.
There may be a day where there are actual carries… like a horse with storage - like in minecraft. Or a pet taming system wich gives u additional inventory through leveling your pet.
Who knows.

But playing two characters like two characters would play with each other… the limitation on characters are there for a reason. But if u are willing to pay to keep this game runnning - i see no issue.

Therefore. If you know a mechanic is not working correctly. Dont use that said mechanic. Come here and report it. Dont overuse that mechanic - only use it as much as u actually need to - to play the game.

1 Like

because is quite personal for me :grin:
2 players were bugging me to make twice as much coin in one day as I ever did with alutech

i dont like the fakt that using a temporary event (i think 5h) make a year of nearly daily work obsolet

2 Likes

You can reclaim more than one beacon at a time. But once you start to empty the storage at another beacon, you can’t empty the other reclaims until you finish emptying the others.
If you have beacons on multiple planets and don’t want to maintain them anymore, you can jump around and reclaim them all. Then head back to home base and empty them one at a time.
This works as intended. A lot of people wanted to move or reclaim their beacons, but didn’t want to go through the process of removing it block by block. This made it that much easier and freed up space that people wanted to.

2 Likes

I find that the people who complain the most about something like this is because they missed out on using.
That is from my years of personal experience with all the MMO’s I’ve played.

4 Likes

maybe your right
i was online and seen it but dont used it because it seems false and now everything i done before is useless
nearly 2000 hours wasted for my style of playing the game when i coud do the same in only 5

1 Like

I can rest assure you they are NOT botting… I’ve mined with them a few times and some many times… I can say 110% they are because I always see them dumping unwanted items out PLUS asked me to regen bomb for them because their hand was getting tired…

1 Like

To me I think a clearer do’s and don’ts list should be mentioned so one can know to avoid doing… this excludes scripting since we all know that this is not allowed from a previous post. I myself do mine gleam to refine time to time to get 1) refined gleam for marble 2) for some extra plots so I can enjoy the game and build… and 3) sometimes I mint the rest… so would that be considered something to get me banned?

2 Likes

You run Alutech? I love your store :slight_smile: I go there all the time <3 hehe

1 Like

It kind of scary that I made more money in a few hours on a few exos just farming goo then you are claiming to have made in a year. I really need to go to your store.

Edit: not a dig at you, just a really shocking thought.

2 Likes

I think people have confused the word exploit and use it as some “extreme” word or that it is bad exclusively. It is all based on context of the use and situation as you state. Also blame is based on the situation.

I personally don’t think selling some spark to the Chrysominter for some coin was a bad thing. An experienced player would have known it was out of line in normal pricing while an unexperienced would not.

A person that “continued selling” (whether new or old timer) was exploiting the situation for a benefit. That doesn’t mean it was good or bad - just a choice the user made. Some users made different choices in that situation. It is that choice and the action taken that is key to define whether the person will face repercussions or not.

The point of this Dev post (in my view) was to remind people that there might be situations where you can do X in the game and get Y. Based on the situation it might be considered an exploit or abuse that was wrong to do and you risk your account. (e.g. - people using the memory read function to get an advantage in the game that the average player would not have.)

So think before you act. Just because you might feel it is not wrong does not mean that the Devs won’t find it as “using the system” incorrectly and fix it. If your transgression was too extreme you might face a ban.

And lastly, remember your actions “to take advantage of something” in an abusive way might end up affecting the game for all us of or make it even more restrictive or complicated.