PSA: Downtime from 10:30 BST. Farming Coming Today!

I disagree on this one. They are really way too dark. I have white gleam right next to mine and still can’t see the items.

Edit to add: I don’t think they need to change the lighting for everything, just for a few of the functional items.

2 Likes

These are both from Live, cold berry bricks next to cold berry storage:

With light source in hand:

Without:

Something tells me that is not entirely correct…

2 Likes

Fair… I haven’t seen anything yet. All I know is we CANNOT have a knee jerk reaction to this and just do it because a few people are mad. We need to look at it from how it affect everything and whether it makes more sense to change the light again OR if it just makes sense to fix the ASSETS. Redo shelves, storage, etc.

Don’t assume light needs to the fixing versus other things.

3 Likes

This little room used to be horribly bright, glad I didn’t redo the gleam now!

My forest feels even more magical :slight_smile:

And look at that mosaic! :heart:

7 Likes

Cool blue - is quite a dark colour so it will not light the surrounding environment too much.

Black storage - will stay black independent of the light cast onto it. Black is now black.

I will need to check what is happening with the items in the black storage. Wondering what is happening there.

This looks like Black rock storages - so it will stay black. (Yes - it’s changed in the update.)

White gleam will not light the black blocks.

We will be tweaking the meshes a bit :+1:.

Thanks all for the feedback.

8 Likes

Ah ok. I need to redo all of my :open_mouth: storages then. Yikes. lol

If you want the storage to be a different colour then - yes. Sorry!

However… before you remove all the storage - you could harvest some goo, create some colour sprays, and respray them a new colour!

12 Likes

I will do that instead :+1::+1::+1: I totally forgot about goo/sprays

6 Likes

Very important info! Tq!

I will disagree, the most common gleam (cool blue) is now considered to be a light color that does not emit a lot of light. Which means a lot of rebuilding if players want to be able to see their builds. While I can understand a room being darker, the fact that I cannot tell there is something in a storage block when I have lighting above and below and can still pick out the wood grain is probably something that needs to be addressed. If I cannot even see my machines with a stack of refined gleam behind them, why is this ok?

Even in natural outdoor light you cannot see the detail on some items like doors.

3 Likes

It is?! o_o
Always looked like the whiter of all blue colors…

4 Likes

So who’s making the brightness chart for all the gleams… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

The naming convention might be similar to the cool, warm, and bright range now where a color might be dim even though the emitted light is closer to a white or brilliant color.

Edit: this might hurt my brain while I try to figure out how colors interact.

Awesome, now where the exo planets at? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’ll be sitting there in my fields later with an eye to the sky for sure… :wink:

1 Like

Looks like ill have to change all my storage blocks then cause 90% of them are dirt nasty black :woozy_face:

1 Like

@james That’s a gleam farm… that can’t be right?

1 Like

Besevrona looks like Gloviathosa… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woah that is a lot of purple color. Ouch…

1 Like

I heard the only planet to find exotic yam bulbs is circa…has anyone else seen them in resource tab on other worlds?