Pvp poll

James is on recording saying they will experiment with the idea.

When it comes to any game feature for this game, the more variety the better. This is to enable those who don’t want one way of doing something to not feel so restricted in the options. More options to doing pvp, gathering, building, hunting, exploring, etc. is going to be good for this game.

PvP doesn’t always need to be about killing another player. I wish the people that are so against PvP in general would understand that.

I’m pretty sure a lot of us do already understand that. The game I bought into was about building communities, not destroying them (Whatever form that may take).

3 Likes

If they all understand it, then they should be more for adding all kinds of content, including various forms of pvp.

Also, pvp doesn’t destroy communities. The players do that.

The majority of players have made it clear they do not want combative PvP. I’m hoping that the devs take this into account when it comes time to make a decision. Even though it’s said that PvP doesn’t have to be combative the majority of PvP suggestions are revolving around combat. I believe the majority of the player base is fine with more non combative PvP as seen in other polls.

If players want PvP and don’t need it to be combative, we already have the prestige and settlement/capital system in place. It’s very easy to compete against other players using the mechanics already in existence.

The PvP mechanic provides the platform and incentive to allow those players to do so. It is the primary reason I stand in opposition of the idea.

2 Likes

Devs have a certain time to develop new content, if the majority doesn’t want or is interested in a certain type of new feature, why should the devs put work into it (unless it aligns with the vision they have for the game)

This has nothing to do with if PvP is feasible or wishful for boundless.

I can see some ways of including PvP into the game, but I don’t want it, so if asked if PvP should be included it will always be a no from my end.

2 Likes

I think PvP potentially creates a lot of hurt feelings, but if there are low stakes and no rewards involved, this may be less of an issue for Boundless.

3 Likes

While the current player base may be largely against pvp it doesn’t mean that pvp would be a negative for the game. If pvp combat was limited to certain planets they might draw in a lot more players. No one currently playing would need to engage with that part of the game, much like many players do not go on meteor hunts.

Anything that will draw in more players without ruining the current experience is a good thing.

2 Likes

Like I said, I can see some versions of PvP that could work in boundless.

Nothing I am personally interested in, so it will still be a no from my end. Cause yes I am egotistical and want the devs working on feature I like :wink:

But I agree some sort of PvP might draw in a new group of players (cause other people different tastes).

That is very true the creators of boundless will never force you to partake in pvp so if you wish to choose not to then it’s not going to effect you.

That is why people have suggested pvp planets it’s a great option for those who want nothing to do with pvp.

Im all for pvp planets. they would bring a lot of new players to the game. not to mention would boost the economy as the pvp players would visit non pvp planets and buy supplies and forged gear they need. Within the pvp planets have some kinda rading system would be dope.

1 Like

The problem with the planets are that they will have their own color pallets and resources. In about the other 5+ threads regarding the issue (which most everyone here has posted in already) this idea is brought up each time.

I myself am fine if we do not pull in the hardcore PvP players. I’d rather we continue to expand on the building, crafting, exploring and causal player base than risk pulling in a genre that generally results in more trolling.

I love pvp in most games.
The latency issues with this game or just the servers it is on would create a horrible pvp experience though.

I know most dont see it. But i play right beside my wife, both on PC. And there is a 3-4 second delay in game.

I mean this game cant even get healing right unless youre standing completely still.

This will translate to PvP so badly. You gonna stop if you need to heal bomb yourself? XD

2 Likes

Absolutely no pvp. Thats why i love this game because no pvp if they had pvp i would quit this game

1 Like

I hear you. don’t really have any latency unless im in a EU server at evening hours. I guess me personally want this game to be more than a builder game. economy is cool and its where I spend most my time in but theres no real motivation to keep growing and becoming an empire. Theres not much to do with the money but spend it on thing you already have. wish there was an outlet for players that have build shops and massed a lot of coin. Have rare items or even furniture or some incentives to build mass wealth.

Your poll is terrible.

You need more options -

No PvP
Casual PvP (no loot drop)
Hardcore PvP (full loot)

Maybe even a fourth option for somewhere in between

1 Like

No pvp at all

1 Like

I think I would be more supportive of a pvp structure if players were anonymous. Red vs. Blue style. If I win a match I don’t want a new PvE stalker :sweat_smile:

A PvP planet with no rewards is fine but if the PvP players are able to mine special blocks and get special drops that normal people don’t that would be an unfair advantage. I don’t know if anyone here said anything in rewards or not but that is an issue with PvP, will there be rewards. I say no rewards at all. If you want a PvP planet it needs to be done like Minecraft PvP.

1 Like