Pvp poll

I will have to agree with others that my experience in PvP games is they do not build cooperation between communities of players. My fear would be that this competitiveness extends to the non-PvP parts of the game and that means guilds and groups of players do not interact in a constructive way due to the competition in the PvP portions. Why should a team that was just beaten and looted want to cooperate on a build with the group or players that just beat them? They will not.

But if the developers decide to do it and I decide I want to play a game where that is a component of play then your rewards are you get something from the losing player, like their coin or inventory, I am fine. If you want that type of action then that is the risk. But the planet and game should not reward PvP . If you want a PvP planet that duplicates a t1 planet resources and colors. . go for it. Add lava if you want to make it more deadly.

5 Likes

Exactly, the only real enjoyable online MMO I have played lacked PvP. The ones that have had PvP the player base just canabilized each other. The PvP trolls (not all players who want PvP are trolls) turned the rest of the player base off from playing then when there was only the PvP players left they got bored because all they had was PvP left and eventually the games had no one.

PvP will not remain restricted to any one environment or aspect of the game. It will spread to everything if let in.

They already announced that players will be able to own private planets which mean we can have access to colors that other players will not have access too.

Trove added PVP.

Made literally zero difference in terms of the fears youā€™ve outlined.

The main issue was, the PVP was just garbage.

I doubt this team would shoot for a garbage PvP system if they implemented it. The reason you saw no difference was because the system was not appealing enough for player use.

Iā€™m going to grow so much of the plant that you hate the most, right next door to you.

Seriously though, seeing someone grow a farm without some sort of organization drives me nuts. When you see a farm that has random plants growing in random locations. Keep it organized for crying out loud!

1 Like

my self i think we already have a form of pvp in the game prestige it ultimately des nothing and just starts wars between players :joy:

3 Likes

If anyone builds anything I donā€™t like near my borders the plan is to symply build tanks and missle systems and point them at the other players build :stuck_out_tongue: canā€™t change it might as well have fun with it lol

3 Likes

My biggest thing is that the pvp should do nothing to interfere with what we already have. There are a ton of games out there that are made for pve and then slap on pvp element that is effectively underwhelming and lead to just a small group using it.

As a result of this, the community gets divided up into 2 groups, both of which then complain when the other group gets updates when their group doesnā€™t. The players who general prefer pvp (from what Iā€™ve seen) also tend to be more vocal than the pvers who just want to play the game, so you get a large majority that just wants to enjoy the game and a small but more vocal minority complaining about balancing acts with the pvp.

A prime example of this is a game called Wurm Online where there is that vocal minority that has effectively ā€œruinedā€ a lot of things that would be fine and even great for pve but then needed taking out because it ā€œunbalancedā€ pvp.

Basically, thereā€™s a fine line that can be crossed if the game should go this route and something that seriously needs considering in my opinion. Human nature can easily cause rifts and this could be an open door to creating such rifts. Personally, I donā€™t want to see the community become toxic at the expense of a minority group that wants pvp.

2 Likes

As much as I like to pvp in other games. It would ruin this game forever, just a bad idea. There are plenty of other sandbox games to play that have pvp in them.

2 Likes

Pretty much this. If a game is made for pve, donā€™t make it what it isnā€™t. I would say the exact same thing about adding pve to a pvp game.

Let games play to their strengths and not their weaknesses.

2 Likes

Even if there are no rewards or gains to be had at all, People will still get ā€œhurtā€ by this. When PvP is involved, in most cases someone is going to lose. someone is going to get ā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆā–ˆ on, and it seems a lot of people canā€™t handle defeat gracefully, it often impacts their pride and/or ego and then it creates a problem. Most people are not mature in the face of defeat.

1 Like

Please no pvp, i got enough in other mmo:s where players jump around and insult me to force me to pvp.
This is the only sanctuary where i can be in peace with other players and do my own thing.

2 Likes