Quality of Life Additions

This is a good idea. This thread. Good. Yes.

Not sure if it’s on there. But it’s way too easy to unequip a grapple you’re hanging from. On PS4 if you tap the bumper it unequips. Or pressing circle. Or holding bumper to switch items. Or throwing one grapple out of a stack of grapples. And there are more I can’t think of.

There should only be one way to let go of your grapple IMO - up on the dpad on PS4. Not 5 ways.

Can’t count the number of times I’ve died due to this.

I’ve literally never wanted to unequip a grapple I am hanging from. Never.

1 Like

Spark battery. Can be charged using a battery charger which you hook up to spark links. Can be discharged by putting it in spark generators.

This way people could move workshops more easily. And people could generate spark from peat then sell the batteries for profit.

3 Likes

I love the idea of some sort of glider or maybe antigrav belt that would complement grappling (I wouldn’t want it to be outright unlimited flying)

also the scaffolding point gave me the interesting idea of combining them a bit into antigrav scaffolding =p. Carpet the ground under your build area and you can more or less fly in that part of you beacon =) would also be handy for elevators… though it would probably need a balancing upkeep cost (spark/oort?) to prevent it from becoming the “default floor”

Great suggestions so far… I would love to have all of them :hearts:

6 Likes

Added both yours to the list!

This list has become so sexy that I have almost zero hope of seeing it implemented.

3 Likes

Alright let’s make this more official. I’ve added polls for each QoL proposal so the devs can see what’s popular and what’s not. Keep in mind that a “yes” vote implies that you would like that QoL addition or something very similar whereas a “no” vote means you don’t want the idea or anything very similar implemented in Boundless. Vote honestly and feel free to leave feedback on why you do or don’t like a specific item! Let’s make sure to keep things civil <3.

1 Like

Oh… and am I the only one that wants a portal (free or super cheap on upkeep) that returns you instantly to the Sanctum? OR just instant return/logout in your home beacon/any of your beacons?.. I feel like my time spent watching that 10-second countdown could likely be measured in days O.o

Edit:
Oh and a warp pad to place on the ground to designate were exactly you warp into instead of on top of your beacon… I would like to come in centered in my room… but I don’t want my beacon there >< the pad could even be invisible when plot view is not on as to not interfere with the overall theme of the space.

4 Likes

warp pad would be cool to use in your home beacon to be able to move around your base instead of using portals.

2 Likes

Nice one… no need for ladders or stairs with that one ^^ but I guess that’s what portals are kind of for… though a bit expensive for that use case scenario… so yeah warp pads… they could even run off spark, because we need more things to use Spark, but only when used… and maybe only when the owner uses it to prevent griefing?

1 Like

Or just limit how far you can travel? Maybe a warp pad can only move a character 2 plots in any direction and can only across a single beacon.

2 Likes

Sounds fair enough, I was assuming it was meant for / limited to intra-Beacon travel anyway

1 Like

two plots might be to little for some builds but at least limit it so it only works for intra-beacon as you stated.

2 Likes

Added one about atlases!

Ability to explore an Atlas with more detail. Currently the atlas locks to your present location when being viewed. Would like to be able to manually rotate the atlas and pull up details on points of interest. Like names of settlement, region boundaries and name of region (When previously discovered), ability to set a destination from point found on atlas (when in discovered area), ability to set a place location from point found on atlas (when in discovered area).

Not looking for more detail regarding resource locations

1 Like

So, kinda like this?

2 Likes

That would be perfect!

It’s been suggested. A very nice addition and would encourage people to build high (vertically) as well.

I agree that these should be powered by sparks

1 Like

Added 19 and 20 around inner-beacon portals and the ability to determine exactly where the warp location is to your beacon (despite the beacon control).

Added 21 about exploring the atlas more fully. This was a rapid glance at this thread so if I missed your suggestion, don’t fret! I’ll review this thread in more detail tomorrow and get them added.

Also, Show color numbers in game

Rounding chisel

Borderless signs

Glass signs

Underline and strikeout as text options for signs