Recently unlocked Sov item color choices

I’m trying to think what is analogous to a fiddlehead fern in game…Cloneflower, maybe?
EDIT: Duh, oortian’s staff!

3 Likes

I could not remember either, so was pulling the raw name list of plants from the game files

Desc ItemNum
FLORA_PLANT_INKY 9837
PLANT_LOTUS 9883
PLANT_SNOWDROP 9887
PLANT_FIDDLEHEAD 9888
PLANT_ALOE 9886
PLANT_CACTUS 9885
FLORA_PLANT_FIBROUS 9836
PLANT_YUCCA 9884

The flowers are not “described” at all sadly.

Desc ItemNum
FLORA_FLOWER_1 9838
FLORA_FLOWER_2 9839
FLORA_FLOWER_3 9840
FLORA_FLOWER_4 9841

Somewhere I have a list of the conversion from what the game calls the items in the files compared to what we know them by, but I have not been able to find it.

3 Likes

Those were the names way back from EA (DevelopmentFase) … when plants and flowers had more IRL names :+1: :wink:

Plant_Lotus=RosettaNox
Plant_FiddleHead=OortiansStaff
Plant_Aloe=TwistedAloba
Plant_Fibrous= TrumpetRoot
Plant_Inky=TravellersPerch
Plant_Snowdrop=StardropPlant
Plant_Yucca=DessertSword
Plant_Cactus=SpinebackPlant

Flower01=GladeFlower
Flower02=CloneFlower
Flower03=SpineFlower
Flower04=GhostFlower

8 Likes

Just checked for new colors and sadly there have been no new colors unlocked between 10 Sep and 24 Sep.

9 Likes

Is Yellow (93) Sand new or just new to me lol .

let me check

Not new, but there are 9 new colors including a new gleam for this week.

New colors unlocked between 24 Sep and 2 Oct

Item Color
WOOD_LUSH_LEAVES Cool Violet
FLORA_PLANT_INKY Bright Violet
CRYSTAL_GLEAM_BASE Strong Fuchsia
FLORA_PLANT_FIBROUS Bright Lilac
FLORA_FLOWER_1 Stark Green
WOOD_WAXY_LEAVES Cool Azure
PLANT_ALOE Bright Cerulean
PLANT_LOTUS Bright Blue
TANGLE_DEFAULT_BASE Bright Magenta
11 Likes

Wow so apparently if you have set the colors it locks everything. I can’t even tell what the default colors for my planet were:

All greyed out :sob: Does anybody know another way to view this, or do I just have to wait?

2 Likes

you have to Wait

3 Likes

5 New colors unlocked between 2 Oct and 9 Oct

Item Color
CRYSTAL_GLEAM_BASE Silk Turquoise
GRASS_VERDANT_BASE Light Mustard
ICE_DEFAULT_BASE Dark Blue
PLANT_YUCCA Strong Cherry
ROCK_SEDIMENTARY_BASE Strong Viridian

@BabyCookie new grass color

11 Likes

The Boundlexx API should know your default colors, but I don’t know the easiest way to coax that out of it. If you use the forum code tool in boundlexx.app, it probably has it.

1 Like

Hi,

So how does this color system work?
There are x number of colors and not all are unlocked for sov, but as you roll plannets more get unlocked for everyone?
Would that mean that for example white stone might appear at some point?

Regards,
Lion

There have been a few posts about this and the thinking seems to be that it is not likely.
I would love white rock to be a thing (all the colours tbh) and hold out hope that, under our new management, things might change.

4 Likes

I hope things might change too. I have suggested as much here Unlock the colour palettes of new sovereign worlds :wink:

1 Like

Yea we’ve gone through these discussions a few times. White rock in particular isn’t too scarce as it has been on quite a few Exos. I personally would just like to see the Exos spawn with rare colors more often.

Just give the rare colors more weight. I think that may detract from the Gleambow hunts and events, but it would be nice to at least see pure red gleam (and others of course!) spawn on an Exo every so often. Having all colors selectable on sovereigns though is a bit overkill. Granted, remove the economy from the game and I’d be all for it.

While I do love color scarcity, having to pay 5000c per piece of red gleam is a pretty big turn off.

2 Likes

How was silk turq not already unlocked?

1 Like

Silk Turquoise was unlocked as in a permanent planet Gleam color it just unlocked as a Sov. Selectable Boop!
(Is my Guess)

Honestly not sure. I am just comparing world control json files from one week to the next so its possible there is an error in the files or something odd going on.

Interesting! I wonder if this is the reason. It would be odd that Homeworlds have colors that sovereigns cannot select, but make sense.

Much more likely that its a file issue

1 Like