Release 167 - Report issues here

I have had this issue on Eloporand on Berlyn. A wildstock will spawn near me and attack because the threat level is so high,

And that just increases the threat level or something.

This forms a loop that just doesn’t go down. No I did not have any threat statributes

Found a new bug I think.

Seems that all items (including portals) show the text “Locked” BUT they really are not locked.

So trapdoors, doors, plinths, portals etc, all show LOCKED, but they are not.

Look at some screenshots:

1 Like

As with the reply to @boundmore, we will look at ways to balance the creature AI behaviour and the amount of threat generated.

This should indicate that all these blocks and items are within beaconed areas, but perhaps the word ‘Locked’ is a little too confusing, so we can change it if many players don’t find it very descriptive.

2 Likes

Maybe change it to “Protected” instead ?

For doors and trapdoors the word “Locked” seems really strange when you can still open them.

1 Like

Crash dump.

Crashed 4 times last hour.

https://pastebin.com/rXu2rAmL

What were you doing during those 4 occasions?

When I started to open portals here:

I crashed every time I opened a new portal. The first portal opening was good, after that when I tried to open the second, I crashed. Logged in, opened the second, and when tried to open the third, again, crash. Happened with all the portals.

Mining stones in my own beacon.

I haven’t even figured out “Reserved” yet.

Crash 20:26
Running around and build here and there in my base.

I’ve noticed the following situation with feats:

• Builder feats, all of them track
  • Core feats, some of them track
  • Crafter feats, none of them track, except for “Working with your hands” and “Manufacturer”
  • Explorer feats, some of them track
  • Fighter feats, all of them track
  • Gatherer feats, none of them track
  • Miner feats, none of them track, except for “Elemental Catalogue”
  • Trader feats, some of them track

Personal recommendation, go hunting, exploring or build. Those seem to be the fastest way to level up right now.

Fastest for me was to fill all material i had in machines, sit and watch the xp rolling in. :slight_smile:

the behavior changed a lot already and the mobs are getting their threat behavior back and they eventually attack (or run away like roadrunner); threat phase seems to be long though and transition to fight/flight response takes a bit too much what makes killing creatures too easy

I’ve actually noticed something I REALLY didn’t expect. Before the update, my classic method of hunting Roadrunners was to creep up into ruby grapple range, grapple them, and let go of the movement keys while spamming fire and kind of getting dragged/dragging them toward me (without reeling).

Now I can’t do that at all. The grapple doesn’t inhibit them from running in the slightest, meaning that there’s really no way to hunt them aside from trapping them, chasing them cross-country multiple times for 1-2 shots, or having totally maxed out slingbows and skills so you can one-shot them.

hmmm, I just run towards them, shoot with my iron bow and usually get 1-2 hits before they start running away; track them and kill on the second approach then; gave up crouching, trapping and all

I’d kill them 90% of the time or so on the first approach by sneaking in and grappling. I could actually even kill all three birds in a trio a lot of the time without any of them running more than maybe 15 meters.

Yeah, I like killing them in 3s :sunglasses:

I encountered a weird thing just now upon entering the game. I was near leveling up to 16 yesterday and quit the game with oort shards crafting, so I wasn’t surprised to see a message about reaching lvl 16 when I went through portal from sanctum. Supposedly 10 skillpoints and 5 plots waiting for me as a reward. But when I went to character screen to spend skillpoints, I found that I have 0 of them.

I checked the progression bar to find it the way it was yesterday when I was leaving.

1 Like

Welcome to the problem 2 others of us have been having too. Eventually it will stick, but you might get the message 2-3 or more times fist…

@vdragon Yup that was the same screen shot I just had cropped it for ease of visibility.

It was 13% before I hit cancel on the process.