This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
(Thanks - @Jiivita)
- Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Allow Atlases to be locked to a world even if no regions are yet discovered.
- Reduced the number of Fibrous Leaves needed to craft sackcloth from 5 to 3.
- NOTE: a large review of all crafting balance is happening once the forge is released.
- Creatures + Combat + Characters:
- New feature: ASSISTANCE SCANNER
- Players who want to support their comrades in battle now have more feedback about who needs assistance. The assistance scanner will highlight players on and off screen who need support. This feedback is essential when in a chaotic battle.
- Added new exploration skill “Assistance Scanner”.
- Assistance Scanner skill will show nearby players who are dead or have depleted health so they are easier to find and clamp this to the edge of the HUD.
- Players now have less detail above their heads unless you aim directly at them.
- Player icons can now be seen through walls.
- Player information now has a greater range.
- The scanner now only shows above the creature you are aiming at.
- The scanner now always shows creature health (you don’t have to hit a creature to see it’s health anymore).
- Increased time for creatures to show they feel threatened by players.
- Creature icons pulse when they feel threatened by the player.
- Creature icons now only go red if they are attacking the player (previously they would go red if they were attacking anybody).
- GUI + HUD:
- Tool tips are now prioritised so that for example swimming controls are now more important than low health.
- Added a tool tip to tell players to try another world if their current world goes down.
- Added a wear bar that replaces the health bar of machines if they are on full health.
- Fix bombs slowing down the game when damaging lots of blocks.
- Optimise the world meshing by ~25%.
- Bug fixes:
- Fix bug which allowed mixed item types in a Smart Stack.
- Fix for Atlas “ammo” being swapped into an incompatible Smart Stack.
- Fix for dead players having the wrong name.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would freeze when closing, often triggered whilst switching character or transitioning portals.
- Fixed an issue where the server would pause processing expired status effects.
- Fix an issue in the rendering-order of multiple particle systems that could cause random flickering in some effects as their sorting order changed.
- Increased chance of dropping leaves, beans, fragments and some other drops so you always get at least one.
- Speed up request basket price list setup for large item lists.
- Fix for crashes when changing equipped items.
- Fixed an issue with some portals not closing correctly.
- Fix an issue where an out of sync mispredicted client could drop the wrong items from an inventory.