The release overview is linked below.
Release Overview Video:
This Live release collects together all the changes from Testing 224. The details are linked below.
The release contained some lighting issues that are ongoing. These are listed below.
For tracking purposed they’re also inlined:
Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Crops can now be targeted directly for harvesting / fertilising / HUD display rather than having to target only the block face the crop is attached to. Hitboxes will correctly account for the sloping shapes of the blocks the crops are attached to splitting/shearing hitboxes.
- Hitboxes for meshes will now account for mesh rotations better.
- Fix the tiller tools not accounting for permissions properly.
- Fix entities (player included) getting trapped in the terrain if stood inside liquid being turned into stone due to lava<>liquid reactions. The entity will be pushed out to an adjacent or nearby suitable empty space.
- Fix crops that can be planted on Grass, only being plantable on Grass embedded in Silty Soil, and not Grass embedded in Clay or Peaty Soil too.
- Fixed occasional client crash when standing near another player as they gained or lost a status effect.
- Exposed a Darkness setting allowing players to define their own darkness level.
- This isn’t a gamma control, which would have brightened the entire screen. But rather a control over the darkness that the game will increase exposure for. Basically making things at night easier to see.
- If you test this when surrounded by very dark terrain it will have a limited effect. But if balanced with normal green grass and yellow sand then it should make things much more visible.
- We’ve exposed this because different displays can present different levels of darkness - it’s not possible to have a single balance for all displays.
- The option is found on PC via: [ESC] -> Main Menu -> Settings -> Graphics -> Display -> Dark Balance
- Improvements to HDR auto-exposure adjustment to better account for darker levels of lighting; will help in some cases that were too dark even though HDR was able to adjust for it, for example in the sanctum.
- Additional refinements to the mesh & voxel lighting consistency to make them much closer. The aim is to make the lighting for the same material mesh objects (for example stone storage) and voxels (for example stone) match.
- Adjusted the bloom algorithm and balance to only bloom bright things. Technically these thresholds shouldn’t be required, but without them the presentation can feel a little blurry. This change attempts to isolate the brighter areas and only bloom these.
- Fixed an issue with the synchronisation of attributes (mainly buffs) between the client and server that was causing a client crash.
- Lava to work as a light-source when held in the player’s hand.
- Shortened localised versions of View Full Release Notes to fit text box.
- Fix for forge sometimes showing the an item from the previously viewed forge in its queue.
- Fix for attributes not being set up correctly on the forge possibly causing client misprediction of the applied boons.
- Fixing goo crop rendering in some tighter sloped environments rendering the crop again inverted 1 block below.
- Fixed not getting XP/progression for harvesting crops after change to allow targeting crops directly for interaction.
- Edited sort to sought in Juicy Starberry Seed description.
- Fixed a server crash caused by using an undo-chisel on grass blocks in certain configurations; these cases will now correctly either remove the long-grass part or convert the grass to soil as appropriate based on the rules for where grass is valid to exist.