Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

I know that this is a negative sentiment on what otherwise feels like a great step forward, but this demonstrates exactly why people have been pushing for more communication. It certainly feels like there might have been alternative options if they had suggested some speculative prices, sizes and player-caps and gotten feedback on that.

Hopefully the system they’ve built is flexible enough that it it can be revisited later down the line to maybe have planet sizes abstracted from player caps to let people pick them separately. Although fuel prices for them could be confusing (more than it already is).

2 Likes

It’s a small gripe but I wish we could choose what kind of atmosphere on sovereign planets. I understand the intent that they follow the same rules as live planets for balance reasons, I’m just not sure how atmosphere affects that much at all. I’d likely get a t5-6 planet but really don’t care for the how the atmospheres make everything look.

Anyway, appreciate all the hard work that went into the update (and in processing all the new worlds, whee!)

Wonderstruck could sell packages of world fuel, let’s say lesser world fuel gives you 30 units, Basic 60 units, etc. And each world uses a set amout of units per day. a 3k world uses 1 unit, 4,5k uses 2, 6k uses 4.

Just like portals. It’s a system players are already familiar with and it’s a lot more flexible and less confusing.

That way you can scale up player caps later. A 6k world with 60 player cap could go up to use 6 units a day instead of 4. (Rule of thumb would be 1 unit of world fuel per 10 player slots per day. Slots per $ would not change.)

1 Like

Oh no! There’s mountains of pure lustrous wood to the core now?!
:mountain::joy::joy:

7 Likes

nah, those have a stone core - I know them from exos. BUT the outer hull is 3 layer thick wood :slight_smile:

just dug down 9 layers and its all still wood! :laughing:

3 Likes

WHAT? :OOOOO So it differs from Exos. We chose that biome as well on atleast one of the two planets. Can’t wait to test ours

I selected that biome hoping it was solid!! Did you dig into it to verify?

1 Like

@FlippityFloop @SClayton

I gotchu!
Single block on top + 9 layers of 9 lustrous. 82 blocks of wood on just this 3x3

Mountain to the side has 96 blocks in a straight line down

3 Likes

is this guy in middle holding a stone ?
@jesshyland

Pretty sure the bag is holding black gleam.

8 Likes

hey maybe you know if someone locks his planet do they also lock there colors our is there a system in place for that
i read somewhere it unlocks it for all

it unlocks for all

if planet is locked how can i then get them though

I misunderstood. If someone spawns a new color, that color can be used on any other sovereign planet even if the player locks their planet from others visiting. If no one else adds the color to their sovereign planet then you would not be able to get it unless you rent a planet and add that color.

thats bit lame so if you only one with that color and your planet is locked you can still sell it on public and corner the market
our do locked planets have travel ban on items?

So, let’s say someone gets the mythical black gleam, locks their planet down, and then tries to sell it as a monopoly…

Because that color would be unlocked for all other world owners, if that monopoly is actually lucrative like it would be with black gleam, there is little question that someone else would open a world with it. Knowing this community and how much Night Azure is out there right now, I’d bet half a dozen farms would be available within hours for something actually in high demand.

5 Likes

Oh yeah I’m sure black gleam would be on multiple planets if it is unlocked

1 Like

but it isn’t the community’s job to make sure somebody doesn’t monopolize a color
but it works i guess plus it make some income for wonderstruck :+1:

That’s probably less a question of revenue and more a question of balancing color access against letting people have control of their worlds. There is no perfect solution, so a middle ground solution like this is nice.