Spread out Spark Generators

So has anyone ever spread out spark generators so there is one on each machine but then had a group of them together? Like this…

X----X----X----X--------XXXXXXXXXXXX

Basically there are 4 machines linked together with spark cord but at each machine there is 1 spark generator. Then I run a spark cord off to a block of 12 spark generators.

I’m wondering if 16 spark generators is the max limit for any design or only when they are together in a group? Or any tips in this setup?

I noticed I can add more than 16 when I do it this way and I don’t want to risk losing spark or anything weird happening. If you are curious about the set up, it is located in Aquatopia (Beckon Captial - 1052N, 806E, 61 alt). It is the basement of the metal/glass building on the sand near the rainbow tower.

how i got mine set up, the spark generators work together
and all machines got the same amount of spark

1 (main spark generator) connected to all machines (16 machines in 1 row) with in between spark generators again that adds spark to all machines totaling 9 spark generators connected together
means the machines that hold roughly 144 mil spark

2 Likes

So you had no issues with linking all those generator groups? Do you find that the spark flows all over the place and no issue?

1 Like

Nope no problems linking and it flows all nicely across the other machines

Crazy … thanks… I never knew you had all those layers and things linked. lol.

Lol no problem, but the top machine area and bottom do not work together tho…
it comes from 1 main source generator so u can have 100 spark links from each direction from the spark generator
but spark cannot flow to another machines if the connection is broken, so for example shown on the screenshot on the left where the spark links do not connect

I don’t think the spark flows from one group to the other, does it? I would assume these two groups of 10 generators have their own, independent spark (but both can be used by the machines)?

And I don’t think that really helps much because, as Cookie said, you’re still limited to 100 connections. I can’t think of a setup where 16 spark generators can’t produce enough spark for all the machines you can connect within 100 blocks.

Spark does not jump through generators. Your machines will only see the spark generated, and saved, in the single generator attached to them.

In Hosts example you see that the line runs perpendicular to the generators.

You must show me how this works I’m a dummy with words so it’s possible to connect all machines in a 15x15 circle into one spark link ?

no it does not it has to be connected by spark links and the spark does not jump through spark.
for example x3 16 spark generators will not add up but if those 3 are connected to 1 machine the spark will be usable

this is a no and does not work the spark does not flow through other generators

this works since there’s a direct connection from the generators to the machine

this also works to get all the spark from the generators to the machine

1 Like

Sorry, whilst you’re all here chatting about it … does spark, and spark generators in general … helpt to alleviate the wear on machines and coils? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Nah you need it to wear them out properly. Spark is the “power” the machines use to do harder work.

oh, ok … so they’ll still wear at the same rate no matter how many spark … dangit!

You can have a continuous line of spark links if you gap sets of generators 100 links per set if they are connected thru machines. I have two sets of spark generators and am able to link up 14 machines while the two sets of generators are linked together

Yeah no time to make diagrams atm but confirming that no machine passes spark. Not a generator or a crafting machine.

If you want multiple machines sharing multiple generators, you have to create basically a circuit of conduit, with the generators and machines outside the circuit.

The word “circuit” is confusing there as it doesn’t have to be a loop, it just has to be uninterrupted. But it might help to understand, for some. Other things can branch off of the path, but the path from each generator to each machine has to be an unbroken series of spark links.

@HOST can you run one gen station that fuels all the machines then? As in refinery, mixer ect from the one source

Yes you can do that. I have a single machine of each basic type under my workshop floor. All connected with a ring of spark links. Then I have spark generators in groups of 6 or 8 just under each machine connected with more spark links.
2 rows of 3 machines.
I stuff generators at random and all machines are fueled from the generators

Ahh, home again. Here we go:

Here is a setup where 4 machines can use all of the spark available in 4 spark generators. Every machine can access the spark in every generator:

You could actually trace an unbroken line from every generator to every machine. In a tiny setup like this it’s simple, but it can get pretty crazy. The spark links themselves are a neutral conduit and the spark just passes through them freely in all directions, like electricity on a wire.

If it helps further, think of this. Machines can take power in, but they can’t put it out. Generators can put power out, but they can’t take it in. So each one is a single directional interface.

This setup allows each machine to see only one generator, and wastes a bunch or links:

The links between the generators glow as they are getting charge from both sides. You can see the links between the machines are not receiving power, since a machine cannot output power.

Here two spark links have restored free flow across the entire system.:

More info about generators:

This is about coil setups, but the machines need power you can see some amazing setups here:

In my last workshop I got 180 machines sharing 128 generators (8 sets of 16)

Another ‘famous’ setup around 120 fully coiled machines sharing a single stack:

EDIT Decided to expand a bit, here’s a couple more machines (pardon my mouse-writing please):

The new machine on the left connects to the circuit between two generators, and it can see both of them. The new machine on the right is connected between a single generator and a machine. It can only see the power from the one generator feeding it’s loop.

Hope that helps anyone to sort this out.

5 Likes

In the process of testing a layout that would allow 224 fully coiled machines to one spark generator setup. Will post layout if it works

2 Likes

Update 192 machines linked so far.
Should be able to add 48 more to push to 240 with maybe room to add more if the design works well enough.

Very curious to see this, looking forward to the screenshots!

1 Like