Testing 162 - Report issues here

@SilberB @Nibuls @Spoygg @NexiBit thanks for reporting more information of objectives not working, we’ve added these to our bug database.

1 Like

We’re still unable to reproduce the issue with the HP bar behaving erratically, but those videos helpfully show the issue in action, so thanks for those.

Edit: @boundmore thanks also for your description as well.

@UmbraVictus If there’s an update of any sort (whether it’s a minor or major update), trying logging out and logging back into Steam next time to see if the issue crops up again.

I have literally been walking for 40 minutes and I couldn’t discover a location so I can start building my house, am I missing something?

If you are trying to find a new region for a goal, all you need is to go in the opposite direction shown under the compass. Like, when you see Southwest of ??? - Solum, then you’ll go to Northeast, it’s a short way to the new region.

Three issues to report :slight_smile:

1. Surface Mining objective didn’t work for me. I could collect rock, but soft coal just does not register as being broken with stone hammer

2. Removing beacon by breaking beacon block doesn’t do anything. Block is removed but it is still listed in beacons and plots are taken (blocks borders are shown in green, inventory UI shows plots taken 2/7). So, I had to actually create remove beacon control and remove plots in that way.

3. Worlds x 0 z 0 is shown in compass as Home location, not sure if this is intentional, I don’t have any campfires nor beacons set up there.

As for the first one: none of the 2 tier miner’s objectives work so you can forget them and focus on other things.

@boundmore Ah thanks :smiley: Tried two times just in case, didn’t work.

i have this home location to, mentioned above. Check amount of your plots in use, i have one locked

@Nibuls It does not lock plot for me. I have only one taken that’s my actual beacon/home.
Check in Beacons UI if you have more than one beacon set up. I had one that I had removed with hammer, but had to use beacon remove control to actually remove it.
Also I have noticed that beacons now take 2 plots instead just one. They are set up vertically one on top of other.

Looking at the screenshot again, could it be possible that you have placed a beacon plot in the same location where the Campfire used to be? Currently, you cannot add plots to a Campfire as shown.

But if you add a Beacon Control block to it, then you can get the green highlight.

Then by removing the blocks, it creates a situation similar to yours.

So if you used the Beacon Plot Remove Tool, you can reclaim those plots. Could you check if that’s the case?

Currently, Campfires generate 2 plots. Beacon Controls will only generate a single plot (once you have added fuel to it).

So I have just mined like 60 copper trying to complete my 40 copper ore objective… I am not sure why this is happening, but the objective tracker isn’t actually progressing as it should. Happened with an earlier objective as well, however it was just missing 1 or 2 catches, I have mined 60 copper with my stone hammer and gotten 0 progress towards 40 copper with a stone hammer. It actually also has happened to my second objective which is collecting coal. Seems neither has actually progressed at all regardless of the fact that I have a lot more than is necessary. So I am stuck now with 2 objectives that I can’t finish, and de-activating them would just reset all the work :frowning:

Are you talking about 2 tier miner’s objectives? if yes they don’t work at the moment so you are free to remove them as you won’t be able to finish them anyway.

Also - if you find time read this entire thread and you may find more faulty objectives reported by other players and that would save you trouble of going through them with no result (apart from amassing more resources).

So, not really a bug per say. But when asked to increase beacon prestige, why are we not given an example of how to do so?

Yes it is.
I spent all my plots before i come in PG from the start point. After i understand that my plots stuck somewhere i went to all orange markers on compass and remove all stucked plots. And with this all fine now, but the marker on 0,0,0 bother me a little. It’s not a big deal but it souldn’t be there.

amm, i found my losty third plot :blush: it was below of the main plots, i think it’s because of i set the campfire below of the beacon after setting up the beacon. sorry :grin:

Ah, ok, that explains it, since I have first made campfire and than beacon, so plots stayed from campfire not added by beacon.

I activated Weekly Miner Objectives yesterday (it’s asking to complete 5 miner’s objectives). I had 1 out of 5 finished already, but It’s gone from my active list of objectives today.(I don’t mean the count went back to 0, the entire objective is gone. My active objectives list was empty when I entered the world today).

When I reached the stage when I can pick crafting skills, I decided to go for crafting tool rather than machines as I thoight it would be more important to have iron tools before machines. I simply forgot I need fossil extract to craft them iron tools and now I have to wait to get the machine crafting skill before I can get to making iron tools.

I have over 300 hours of playing on my clock and I made that mistake. :cry: Imagine a new player in game not knowing anything.

So: I think it would be useful to have objective/tutorial system pointing a new player towards the right order of crafting. MACHINES before TOOLS in skills.

2 Likes

Spamming even more:

I created a token of my home location for a friend so he can warp to my place to complete an objective.
The warp threw us quite a bit away from the actual coordinates.

Is it a bug or intended feature (as in built-in inaccuracy of warp conduits)?