This update is accessible via the Steam Beta "Testing" release of Boundless.
The release will be accessible as "Testing" until the end of the week, whilst we resolve issues with the playing community. When this additional polish is complete the release will be promoted to Steam "Live" for all players.
Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.
- World Builder Standard Library:
- Created 3 new worlds to play on: 1 home planet, 1 moon and a 1 harder planet.
- Created 46 new biomes to find and explore!
- Prefabs have been added to many biomes.
- Rare resources generation updated.
- Strata updated to provide more variation in materials underground.
- Fixed not saving beacon plots gained from progression.
- Art + Assets:
- Updated shader on flowers so they look nicer.
- Fossil extract now has the correct mesh.
- HUD + GUI:
- Added notification when an invalid item type is placed in some inventories
- Added the amount of resources on the recipes menu.
- Emergency warp avoids lava and deep water.
- Fixed crash when opening inventories (if you had an empty Smart Stack).
- Fixed display of beacon locations.
- Fixed problems trying to use Quick Move with Smart Stacks
- Hidden the item grid buttons if they are not active.
- Inventory screen no longer appears when interacting with something you do not have permission to use.
- Mouse wheel down moves item selection radial clockwise
- Showing furnace data fuel information in the furnace screen.
- Use world display names rather than config names
- Crafting + Resources:
- Added drops to compact, refined and machined metals, compact gems, and glass.
- Changed the number of crafting table inputs to 4.
- Fix buying/selling plinths are always locked.
- Fix dropped items can be instantly picked up.
- Fix incorrect "only be placed inside a beacon" message when removing machines/plinths outside of a beacon.
- Fixed bug placing warp conduit entities.
- Fixed bug where crafting machine table was not droping the items when it was destroyed.
- Fixed coins being reset on death.
- Item pickups now bob at different heights and rotations.
- Only give mining experience for natural blocks, and building experience for non-flora.
- When a machine is destroyed is first cancelling all the current crafting recipes to not lose any resources.
- SFX + Music: (Some items released in Testing-22)
- 31 music tracks added, played either at dawn or at dusk
- 17 new sets of block surface sounds (rock, gravel, soil, crystalline etc), played on footsteps and impacts.
- New sound effects for tools, changing depending on their material property (i.e wood, stone, gem)
- New placeholder ambience
Resolved Known Issues:
The following items were known issues in previous releases and have now been resolved.
- Attempting to drop items via the Inventory GUI may cause them to be picked up automatically.
- Foliage blocks are darker on the inside.
- Iron Fire Pit missing texture.
The following items are known issues in this release.
- Cannot 'drop' items from [Workbench Ingredients] and [Completed Items] lists.
- Pushing [P] button rapidly crashes the client.
- Some items in player hands in 3rd person view are huge (e.g. Power Core).
- Some of the items are not positioned in the hand correctly when the players are seen in 3rd person view.
- Some of the items displayed in the inventory screen are not positioned correctly.
- Sometimes the animation for left handed tools do not swing continuously.
- The character will be standing still when running sideways.
- The LODS on the tools models are oriented differently in storage.
- The recipes are not final.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
Submit a sweet screen shot of the latest release and we'll include it in this announcement post.