Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

I already suspected yesterday that something like this was coming :grinning:
But hey … I am more than willing to do some :boundless: testing for this.
Thank you DEV-s, great work :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I like this and I’m sure it will make a lot of people happy. Initially I probably won’t do much on creative worlds besides testing colors but maybe later on I might make something really big since there are no plot restrictions here

Now for the big question…are these and sovereigns being released together in 247 or as 247 and 248?

1 Like

When you last asked this, here:

I did respond in the thread:

1. Explicitly stating there was no artificial limit.
  2. Briefly explaining the process and why the selection varies.
  3. Describing my testing to confirm variation.

Hope that clarifies the issue. :+1:

25 Likes

If a player has multiple creative worlds then won’t the portal limitation will stop them from being able to move between them without having a character that can survive and travel safely through the public universe?

I understand not wanting to create a free portal network, but is there a way to limit players to a single link between the public and Creative Sovereign planets, but allow them to travel between their own creative planets using portals? And warps are not the answer unless they are free, since there is no way to make coin on the creative planets (and I agree there should not be). If a player has to warp then they have to constantly earn money in the public universe. If they only want to play in creative then is this necessary?

1 Like

This is the limit. So if my randomly placed creative planets are orbiting different planets then I have to travel through the public universe to move between the planets.

Edit: Sorry was typing when you were removing.

1 Like

Yep, I’d deleted my post already :laughing::+1:

I hope players can decide orbiting planet.

Again, I am guessing :wink:
But for live release of this,
… I think we might have to wait for Boundless coming Second Birthday :birthday: :cake:

1 Like

That will be a change from what has been stated, but it does create an easy solution to the issue.

I sincerely hope you’re wrong but I have a feeling you’re right. Sovereign testing took roughly 3 weeks. This will need at least twice as long if not longer.

If we’re really waiting until September, count me out from Sovereigns :pensive:. Shadowlands prepatch will be coming out between then and October I’m guessing and ill be focusing on that.

If exiting from creative would be same as entry portal to creative it could fix many possible free portal hub issues :smiley:

1 Like

Now this I really like. It will make building so much easier. No scaffolding, no falling to your death, and easier to scout out locations and move around the planet.

6 Likes

Don’t forget about all the possible bugs that we don’t know about yet but might show up on ps4 once it goes live. Hopefully by that time the devs will have access to ps4 to recreate bugs and test things out a bit! :crossed_fingers:

Well, there is still hope …
For us EA backers the only real :boundless: Boundless birthday :boundless: was the 16th August 2018 :smiley: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Testing for Creative Worlds has started …
have succesfully completed and sent the Web application form :+1:

Now I’m waiting impatiently for an answer :joy:
Time for tea or coffee :grinning:

Ditto this! :+1: Incredible stuff! :smiley:

Although personally for my own rentals I’ll stick to non-creative, I’m truly excited to see the builds everybody will be doing in creative, I know it is sure to be epic! :grin: (Invites for me to visit and screenshot will be very welcome! :wink: )

2 Likes

Probably something that can be added over time?

2 Likes

Will this have the Lua scripting?

1 Like

Can we get this for the plinths on the main universe?