Testing 249: Melee Weapons, Shields and Local Universes - continued

Spray tinter has no effect from the skills. You get an increase amount of Paint from a single goo pigment.

@james with the new leveling and skill systems, could we look into rebalancing xp for certain aspects of building? I understand the reasoning behind the increased xp/level since one character can that xp from more avenues simultaneously, but playtime needs to be considered too. Sure I can craft in my workshop while I build but for the last 4 months I’ve spent all of my time building. Having hunting skills won’t get me more xp when I’m constantly building, and using low xp mats.

Please consider a flat xp rate for chiseling, and eliminating the 3-chisel max so we can get credit for expending the time, stamina, and chisel wear of lattice chiseling something up to 4 times and up to 3 with other chisels.

My rate of cubits earned has been almost depressing next to how much I’ve worked on my current build. Making thin poles and beams out of ice is painful, like 5k xp for an hours worth of work sometimes, especially when I have to hang from a grapple.

13 Likes

I’ve never done paint mixing, so I didn’t know it had coils, glad you tested this!

I haven’t brought it up since then since I knew how much the last few releases and likely next one will be in code time. I think we would need a set of blocks to give them so they could do a full block update. I wouldn’t expect just 2 blocks to get the dev time. So maybe with the help of @Odeon (I think he had a lot of block options but maybe it was someone else) and others we can get a group of blocks and push for it to happen at some point.

1 Like

Does buying cubits for plots change also?

No changes there that I have seen.

1 Like

Thankyou Me a Lazy :cookie: me just like building XD

3 Likes

Indeed, I have collected all our wishes for new blocks in the thread mentioned by @Rydralain .

Who knows maybe we will get some this year. That would be very nice :wink: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m collecting Tallow again and hoping I can find a way to bribe @James to sneak that in sometime. He really is a lover of Tallow. At one point he was considering a Tallow block for building, Tallow armor (you kind of look like the Pillsburry Dough Boy), and a Tallow fully-automatic 50 caliber machine gun for those darn Cuttles that stay far away and annoy you. He also was considering edible Tallow (back when Bill Gates reached out to him to pitch his theory of synthetic meat before taking it to the world) but James said that was taking it too far and a really stupid idea.

7 Likes

Wait wait. Tallow block sounds interesting. Someone Might have to do some mock up

Would tallow armor allow someone to bounce off of things? :thinking: :grin:
New physics properties incoming…(jk)

5 Likes

I’m picturing a jello block. You sink into it like a liquid. And it slows you down. And you can’t just jump out. You’d have to tap the jump button a bunch of times to get out like quick sand.

5 Likes

Huh? What does this have to do with my actual comments on this.

We really do not want to give the Devs ideas around “quick sand” … Imagine what that would do to us on a T6 world…

2 Likes

Only the “I don’t think this person is the target market for single player survival games” part was replying to you. I probably should have not sent it as a reply since most of it was just reporting the other issues.

I enjoy Conan Exiles and Ark in single player. However, they don’t offer a robust economy and intricate crafting systems I can’t get into (I’m looking at you forging… LOL). This game has too many systems built in that are about the MMO side and I don’t see them being adequately addressed in this single-player version. Why give coins when you level up if you never get to use them, as one example? And even if it were NPCs like the villagers of Creativerse would make it seem a bit more inhabited.

2 Likes

I wonder if your feelings on that would be different if you had come into the game playing single player first? It’s not possible to know for sure, without a mind wipe machine.

I do agree that coins and paid plots and paid cosmetics can feel weird in a single player or small community game, but since you can host a public universe, most of that makes sense. I really hope there will be a simple “free plotting” option when the server UI comes out, though.

1 Like

T7 world you mean :smiley:

1 Like

Quick sand that drops you into a deadly worm nest sounds nice.

3 Likes

That would be awesome. A desert planet with quick sand instead of water or lava. Ummmm yes please!

9 Likes