This update is accessible via the Steam Beta "Testing" release of Boundless.
The release will be accessible as "Testing" until the end of the week, whilst we resolve issues with the playing community. When this additional polish is complete the release will be promoted to Steam "Live" for all players.
Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.
- Adjusted stone and metal crucible textures to better support tinting, assigned correct tints to Iron and Titanium crucibles.
- Warp blocks now have a less confusing label on their textures. Don't worry though, it's still a placeholder asset.
- Fixed bug where the machines do not produce wear.
- Fixed bug where broken blocks would always drop items with the world's default color rather than the block's color.
- Fixed a bug with creature spawning where creatures are not spawned fairly between players.
- Changed the trading flow to add trading requests.
- HUD + GUI:
- Added a compass to the HUD which tracks other players and beacons.
- Added grapple control text.
- Added pop-up when the player exits the game.
- Added word damage in the message shown when the player takes damage.
- Change Smart Stack controls: now left click picks up, right click opens stack.
- Count the total number of items available for a recipe, not just until there is a sufficent amount to be able to craft the item.
- Fixed the message shown to the player when picks an item.
- Removed the worlds menu. Players should now always join on the same world they were on when they left the game.
- Reversed the amount needed and amount have in the recipe pop-up.
- Player data and inventory shouldn't be lost when a server crashes (on restart the data is recovered).
- Config path changed to be relative to the Documents folder for the user rather than the Application folder, for MacOS this will be ~/Documents/boundless/ and for Windows C:\Users...\Documents\boundless. Users with existing configs should copy their old config files to the new location, preferably before updating the world builder, but not critical.
The following items are known issues in this release.
- Some items in player hands in 3rd person view are huge (e.g. Power Core).
- Some of the items are not positioned in the hand correctly when the players are seen in 3rd person view.
- Some of the items displayed in the inventory screen are not positioned correctly.
- Sometimes the animation for left handed tools do not swing continuously.
- The recipes are not final.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.