This update is accessible via the Steam Beta “Testing” release of Boundless.
The release will be accessible as “Testing” until the start of next week, whilst we resolve issues with the playing community. When this additional polish is complete the release will be promoted to Steam “Live” for all players.
- Player spawning:
- Initial player spawning fully implemented so that new players to the game will always spawn in a nice safe location that isn’t in an ocean, a cave or on a three-d island and not on steep terrain or on-top of trees or inside of beacons.
- There are 3 modes to the initial player spawning, though until we have a menu only one is available:
- Near beacons: spawn near beacons that exist on your spawn world
- Away from beacons: spawn ‘near-ish’ beacons so that a beacon will be reasonably close to your location.
- Wilderness: spawn ‘very’ far from beacons that exist on your spawn world, in the hopefully untouched wilderness.
- Rotated the new totem model 180 degrees so the totem ammo can be clearly seen in 1st person view
- Added a whole bunch of positioning fixes for items held in 1st and 3rd person and seen in the GUI.
- Additional placeholder colors can be seen in the world builder. These will be recolored at some future point.
- Fix client connect to worldbuilder and worldbuilder not being able to open files for some people
- Fixes for lag issues when clients run at a lower framerate.
- Fixes for z-fighting of lava/water against terrain far from (0,0) in the world.
- GUI + HUD:
- Fixed bug allowing puting down items to readOnly slots.
- Improved the budget interaction in selling plinth.
- Shop Plinths:
- Fixed bug with transacions in selling plinths.
The following items are known issues in this release.
- Some of the items displayed in the inventory screen are not positioned correctly.
- Some of the items are not positioned in the hand correctly when the players are seen in 3rd person view.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
- The recipes are not final.
- Some items in player hands in 3rd person view are huge (e.g. Power Core).
- Sometimes the animation for left handed tools do not swing continuously.