The Lead Up To Launch - An Update

So @SamF, does this mean those of us who bought backers with an extra code…will get the code? Seeing as those that currently now purchase Boundless will get instant access?

This should answer this Question :wink:

Launch keys are still only usable at launch. They never promised we get launch keys early by being a backer. But it’s still an extra key no matter what. Give it to aunt Edna.

3 Likes

we will begin? when start?

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cash shop? wait what?

I strongly agree with this. I feel like a ball is being dropped somewhere and were all kicking it but getting no answers. Maybe its time for some friendly waterboarding? or maybe a ride through the sand behind a pissed off wildstock?

I get you don’t know, But you shouldn’t have put a hard date on when the process could start. “Shortly after” was a terrible choice of words, and it will probably haunt you for some time.

When is launch…

cat%20soon

Thanks Devs for all your hard work :blush: and I know it will be fabulous when it is here. We can wait a bit more. We want to make sure you all are ready :purple_heart:

13 Likes

I think a good way to deal with expectations regarding this would be to say “X Day at the Latest”, and to make that day a target that it would be verrrrrry difficult not to hit… Say, Saturday the 18th at the worst ? (PLAYERS DO NOT QUOTE THAT DATE I AM NOT A DEV) If everything goes up in flames and half of your staff calls in sick and the studio is struck by a meteor, this is the date that you know everything can still be completed.

Then, you still give a good ballpark idea of what to expect… If it takes up until 11:59pm on that date, people aren’t necessarily excited but they’re not offended. If it finishes BEFORE that date, people feel like you threw them a bonus.

Setting the expectation of “the best possible time or later” only allows you to look like you’re falling behind. Setting the expectation of “the worst possible time or earlier” only leaves you room to appear more successful than originally planned.

2 Likes

but if the latest of reset is X day and the office has a power cut? the servers have glitch what then?

ok i see you figured that in lol

1 Like

As an illustrative example… Last Monday afternoon, I sent a package via FedEx, from Texas to Minnesota (1200miles, 1930km for you Euro folks). When I selected a shipping option, the clerk told me that it would arrive “on Friday afternoon at the latest”, and I said, “OK”. I shared that information with my friend, and we moved on with our lives for a few days.

On Wednesday night, he sent me a text to let me know how happy he was that it had already arrived earlier that day.

Now, if the FedEx guy had said “Well, it could arrive as early as Tuesday morning…” with NO clear end date, and we woke up on Friday to the sight of no package whatsoever? At that point, I would be checking the package’s tracking number online, and I might even be at the point of calling customer service.

9 Likes

Patience Grasshoppers. It will come when it comes.

5 Likes

The trick to life is too set your expectations so low that you are never disappointed and super thrilled when things happen.

So, expect the universe to reset by 2025, and you should find yourself thrilled beyond all measure when it happens much sooner.

Thanks devs for all the hard work over the last few years. It’s been amazing to see the drastic transformation the game has gone through. You guys rock!

5 Likes

do i have to be as grumpy and paranoid as my father my ENTIRE life???

1 Like

You don’t mean the real universe?..

5 Likes

you do know in some cultures, the beleife is the real universe has reset an infinite number of times and that is the cause of deja’vu (because we have already lived it)?

Now i am getting a HEAVY sense of deja’vu so the reset must be… gasp… IMMINENT (bahahah)

meanign…

Shortly… soon… therabaouts… sometime this week… befor the 11th… etc :wink:

1 Like

How the devs are feeling trying to be forced to set a date James err… hey guys… do we have anything to tell them yet???

SamF errr… 2 weeks… (and then starts freaking)

2 Likes

Well, we possibly can live many different lifes simultaneously and although normally there is enough separation between them, leaks of data between our different identities happen causing all kind of phenomena to occur.

And universe we know is just a simulation and our bodies are virtual.

Deep sleep is our reset.

3 Likes

Is there anything more painful than waiting ? xD :smiley: :smiley: