Thematic Settlements and Random people

It happens in real life realistate it will certainly happen in Boundless.

2 Likes

This is unfortunate, i was warned back in Therka days that themed builds can easily be greifed, now with an expanding player base thatā€™s becoming more and more likely. im tempted to set up a guild which essentially deals with themed builds, members could pool plots together and lend them to other members to prevent things like this happeningā€¦just depends if anyone is interested. Would do other building projects too. Hope this gets solved

1 Like

Can you elaborate on the ā€œoccupied spaceā€ part? Just wondering what your frame of thought is.

Whatā€™s a gleam club member and how much does it cost?

Weā€™re a small guild trying to do the themed build thingā€¦

I think Iā€™ll just wait for private planets tbh.
Then Iā€™ll be able to do what I want, and then open it up for others later.

Though if the same player goes for several builds doing this, wouldnā€™t that be considered harrassment ?

1 Like

Best to do a searchā€¦ It is basically just a monthly fee that gives some perks. $4.99/month.

Itā€™s basically like a minor subscription service that gives you some perks. I donā€™t remember them all, but it allows you to customize your toon with greater detail. Also, your beacons donā€™t run out of fuel which is why I got it.

There are a few other things, and I canā€™t remember the price. was pretty cheap IMO. Plus it helps throw some coin to the devs.

Wait what? Oh the same person ruining your builds? If so i guess it is.

Well not necessarily my builds, but everyones ?

like grabbing a few plots, puts something completely out of place up, leaves, moves onto the next etc.

Proving intent would be near impossible unfortunately. Whatā€™s to say they just donā€™t want a summer home in all these nice places others are building up?

We will just need to deal with random players building amongst our builds.

1 Like

So far, most people seem to be great neighbors, so Iā€™m hoping there wonā€™t be a huge griefing community. I worry that ppl with cry ā€˜griefingā€™ every time they just donā€™t like something.

Time will tell, I suppose.

2 Likes

I suppose so yes.

Iā€™m not trying to cry out the sun here or anything, im just really frustrated is all xD

I can imagine it would be, luckily for me I already have my 100 plot footprint down, so the only thing getting in my way of building is my motivation and crippling lack of plots.

well I plotted near 700 xDā€¦ I just missed the ones he set his building at so yeh :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice. Iā€™ve got 900 of ~3200 plots so far of what Iā€™m planning.nearly have it all excavated too. :smiley:

Yeah im planning on getting up to 3K plots as well tbh - though i might just wait building big atm I thinkā€¦ Until the rented stuff.

Are private planets confirmed to be happening? Even then, itā€™d be a shame to not build just because someone could build beside it.

Seems like a lot of people arenā€™t the biggest fan of building in a public place unfortunately.

I mean - It says so on the front page, so thats what im thinking :P?

Also, I got ahold of him, and seems like a nice guy - luckily doesnt mind moving somewhat a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet. Iā€™m glad that worked out, hopefully everyone can keep being friendly as the community grows.

2 Likes

theres a solution for this the rented worlds
but it takes away the pride in being prestigous in public world
but if ya just in it to build i say go for it (rented world)
our do like aqua and wait a month our 3 and preplot the entire project :smile: