Warning: issue with spark and wear buff. Please read everyone when you get a spare mo

Today I discovered that unless your BEACON containing your crafting machines is aligned to your main guild AND your CHARACTER is aligned to that same guild, you don’t get the spark and wear buff.

Even if your beacon is aligned to a guild with spark and wear 3 and your character is aligned to a different guild with spark and wear 3, you get NO BUFF.

If you craft at a friend’s house, unless their beacon is aligned to the same guild as you, you get NO BUFF. Even if both of you have spark and wear 3.

I have tested this in multiple scenarios - my beacon, others’ beacons etc.

The descriptions do NOT make this clear.

Personally I have lost at least 100 million spark to this bug (not exaggerating; probably closer to 300 million)

I am pretty upset. Currently I am sitting in sanctum stewing.

Sorry for being “dramatic” and posting to all the discord’s. But I want to make everyone aware of this ASAP.

6 Likes

Funny i seen this asked on discord a few days ago i thought it was a good questions to and other said as-long as you have the buff it worked

now i really interested in hearing whats true >< lol

I just assumed it was intentional.

2 Likes

Tested it 4 different ways on 2 planets. In one instance it was my beacon, in another instance it was a different person’s beacon. The beacon and the character had to be same guild in both scenarios.

Shouldn’t the language make this clear though?

How much spark do you get from one compact hard coal? Trying to estimate my losses

Wasn’t this the way it always worked?

Some buffs only work if your beacon is aligned to the guild that has the buff

2 Likes

Does it matter how much you lost? You lost it anyway…

Also, they are GUILD buffs, so for one it makes total sense that your character has to have the guild/faction with the buff to be primary.

That it only works for machines in beacons that you aligned to the same guild/faction makes total sense to me actually…

5 Likes

Yes but it should be one or the other not both, at a very minimum.

15k spark per compact hard coal

i am sure that this a bit to much :joy: you lose maybe 2-3 mio, or over which time you talk ? 1 week 1 month ?

300mio means ~23 ss compact hard coal as lose

for me too

Ok that’s good. At least my losses are less than a million.

I’ve been doing a lot of crafting. I use about 10 million spark a day currently (for the past week) and probably have used a minimum of 100,000 a day average for the past 3-6 months.

Strongly disagree with this. Every other buff works on your character regardless of beacon status. Why can’t this just work on a character-basis only?

1 Like

Compare it to something like tax epic skill for instance…

1 Like

How is that comparable? Still works on character-basis. Not on beacon-status.

Even on Guild - Boundless Wiki

Just says “Make Crafting more efficient with a Spark and Wear Helix. When active, Guild or Faction Members will enjoy lower Wear and Spark requirements when using Machines.”

i would assume that would apply to Machine i use

3 Likes

every other buff is a buff for the player, this buff is for the maschine thats why it is logic that the beacon needs to align

2 Likes

Beacon needs to be owned by same character

and

it’s a character skill

vs.

a guild buff

and

beacon needs to be aligned to that guild

2 Likes

Except that this is mentioned nowhere in the buff description. In fact, the buff mentions “spark and wear will be reduced by 20% FOR MEMBERS”. Aka the only requirement according to the description is to be a member.

2 Likes

See i would have problems with that my workshop is under my alt plots and they are not in any guild but thats where i do all my crafting with my main who has the buffs

1 Like

Thats not even remotely comparable. Because it would make 0 sense if you could run into somebody else’s beacon and apply your tax epic to it.

1 Like