What turns you off playing Boundless?

After 400+ hours of play, and about a dozen exos, I’ve finally been online and able to hit an exo in the first hour, and I am… frustrated.

I earned almost 2 million coin worth of good in about an hour by random chance. I happen to have been online and available (my kids are finally old enough to play on their own), so my wife and I were able to hop in on the first wave of people going to [Mamesh] --[T6 - Fierce Metal Exoworld]-- [Active], and we were able to just bap away at kindling for about an hour.

So, the thing that bugs me about this isn’t that some people can make a million an hour sometimes, it’s that this is happening mostly by chance, and not by skill. Yes, you have to have knowledge and experience with atlases and exo materials, but the key to this profit is just being able to log in at the right time.
With exos being so rare for so long, even before the drought, this is frustrating. If we had a well-stocked exo pop up in each time zone once or twice a week, this wouldn’t be a big deal, but with just a couple a week, this is… not a great experience.

18 Likes

For me the game has become extremely boring…the game is not boring if your a die hard builder. I just find myself lately just falling asleep from being so bored.

4 Likes

The only thing that has ever really bothered me is the size of all of the machines, since I prefer to build small. It would be great if I could just throw a machine and all of its coils into the Compactor and smoosh everything down into a single block. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

YES!
This aint boundless… You cannot build small… I actually had good topic For this

See this

6 Likes

This would also really help with the mesh limit

1 Like

dying too fast in combat with starter levels of HP because i cant afford to spec in to fighting and mining with out a long grind… oh and took breaking

• weak characters with out spec
  • long grind to level up a character
  • tools breaking all the time kind of feels bad. maybe repair?
  • and last oh recent things. swapping characters all the time to get every thing dont and the long switch time on skill pages

these things turn me off of playing the game.

2 Likes

still no ladders?

:

5 Likes

I can’t tell if I’m bored I just like logging in and Running in Circles saying hi all day accomplishing nothing but eating Cookies XD

11 Likes

I guess this isn’t specific to Boundless as it’s always been an issue for me on Minecraft and Terraria too and I’ll be surprised if I’ve never mentioned it before…

Too little inventory space when building. I don’t think this can actually be solved on a building-only level other than by making non-natural materials stack to more than 100 per slot of a SS; like by making refined rock stack to 10,000 per SS slot, but keep natural rock stacking to the default 100 only, for example. This would certainly help with tint variety for me at times. But it may also trivialise storage a bit too much if it applied to more than the player character’s inventory.

And smart-stacks are already a ridiculously good thing but often when I’m building on large areas, I still find myself wanting even more space because I can only carry so many different block types on me, which really puts me off trying to be more varied in how I build.

It’s a bit of a turn-off from building as it feels like I have to plan much more, besides any crafting planning, in order to get the right blocks on me instead of just having all the blocks I’d like to use on me and then only using what I need for a certain bit/area without having to go swap blocks in my inventory.

2 Likes

indeed, inventory is too small for building large (or simply with a lot of different blocks that don’t stack - the build can be quite small and still make your backpack burst with needed variety of materials)

still introducing chests was a big improvement; I used to place mini storage on building sites (like 3x9 storage blocks “wall”) - now its’s 1 or 2 chests on the ground where I’m building;
only that moment when I need to bring all planned blocks to the site still requires 2 or 3 trips with my character; after that it’s all sitting there in chests and I can stay there forever

1 Like

What turns me off from playing boundless is not enough location tabs. I hate when I have to delete a spot for a resource to add a new spot for another one. Please give us more locations. Also I hate the mesh limit I have to do my builds like a super long hallway with multiple floors versus a tower shop.

3 Likes

keep a box full of location tokens :wink:

1 Like

Exos should have faster regen metabolism. What is the drought and what is causing this drought? I think the devs ought to take a tip from the name of the game and add more Exos — different people have diferent skills and things they enjoy most, so there needs to be plenty of opportunities for all of the things.

Oort is up to 300 coin now, and only one steadfast Lutrionian remains in my AUS clients. Taking on bummer decisios like closing the AUS branch of Tigg’s Tunnels sucks because I want to keep AUS open for that one person who never gave up. I love the spots Tiggerness picked for her Tunnel stops so I’ll always have warping to go visit them. :smiley:

2 Likes

Coincidentally, you showing up running aorund in circles saying HI is one of my favorite regular experiences in Bondless – sometimes you show up in really far out places and it’s beyond describing how fun that is. You’re an inteplanetary treasure.

2 Likes

I’m 10000000% with you on the lack of location tabs on our characters; most of us know where more locations than that are in our heads but still have to use up a slot coz we can’t warp to a place we just happen to know relative to its surroundings. It really seems like a misjudgement in design and that it hasn’t changed seems like it got coded in less flexibly that it ought to have been.

A question for the devs: Will sovereign universes with mods be able to have more locations in our list or was tthe decision implemented in a way that can’t easily change? Is there a similar limit to beacons or worlds?

Answering mention of coils forcing big builds:

I only use 17 coils on each machine, which alllows an assembly of six machines with coils and sparklines within a single 1x1x1 cube. It’s tight, two blocks between the machines and the inset wall storage to move around in, if I don’t want a bigger footprint or leave out the wall of storage behind me as I face the machines, I run the stairs where the 6th machine would go (I use more coils on the centraforge anyway-they’d still fit in a 1x1 workshop as the max coil limit with sparkline fits in 5x2x8 blocks) and use bevel steps to lose no blocks to a landing in the 45’ bend to let the steps turn into the area I stand in rather than lose storage space or add a dip in the floor for the stair ascent to start from. I’ve had this work less tightly in a taller 1x1 foot print plot without losing quick access to the storage and machines from the same spot but haven’t revisited that design (moved into the roomy basementt of my mall shop as a refugee of PxR and really really liked it and wish I hadn’t forgot to replot my spot when I ashed it in hopes of giving up on designing my own storage and using the sorting order of the reclaim output to fill walls of sorage blocks and chests instead—it’s always so nice-looking straight out of the color-sorted reclaim output!

I lost track of where I was but leaving out the 2nd refinery leaves room for stairs with some extra storage underneath etc etc. I’ve imcrementally improved the tiny workshop layout hundreds of times, even my stairs are smooth to run up and down :smiley:

I’ve built myself a 1x1 home away from home at nearly every Tigg’s Tunnels stop, RL has a way of imitating play style so a tinyhome is a dream of mine.

I smooshed a few different replies into one message.

3 Likes

Exos with ridiculously low amount of lucents. Also, color changing exos, which are useless for color farming.

1 Like

I think that is a little much, Effectively telling someone to go play a different game, Is not really what this topic is supposed to be about.

Below is what the one of the old forum "leader"s had to say about such things.

8 Likes

As Trundamere has pointed out, the sole purpose of this thread is for any player to safely leave negative feedback about the game. Things that turn them, personally, off Boundless. It is not here for anyone else to pass judgement. Please refrain from doing so. It is not how you feel about them. It is about how they feel about Boundless.

17 Likes

BraveAcceptableHarpseal-small

1 Like

Boundless tends to VIOLENTLY react to the fact i suddenly want to sculpt blocks and the lag snap is quite devastating.

My only real gripe is the chunk limit but I am resigning to the fact that it is something I have to live with it.

There’s really so much I can suggest be added to the game, in fact I can draw out a long list of concepts and how to pursue them but the programming aspect is truly dead to me since I am an artisan of the pencil.

1 Like