Here are some idea’s of mine i think will add some extra flavour to the game without taking out what makes it cool in the first place.
I really enjoy this game more than every other minecraft type of sandbox, the crafting is (Was in r180) just hard enough to not be able to spam blocks everywhere and build what you want, with a world full of unused builds as a result.
I love the shop system, that allows you to create something someone else wants to use.
Here are the ideas i came up with:
1 Jobsystem, instead of randomly putting points everywhere in your skilltree a Job would be preferable (Like a tailor, weaponsmith, toolsmith, brewer, cook). (you should be able to shoose 2/3 jobs)
This way you will have a skillsystem for general skills, and one for jobskills, so everyone can create and build cool things, but specialized stuff needs a job-specialization.
Oh and a small tekst under the character name with the jobname, so we can ask someone for help.
2. Advanced trade stand, to be able to fullfill requests from players, ea, someone wants compacted coal, we can arrange a deal and start collecting materials, then put the compacted coal in the Advanced Trade Stand and state that “Playername” can take the coal out, if he trades this for 100 gols and 80 soft coal.
Also have an Advanced Request Stand, where someone can request sertain items, and the owner can sullfill this for the player who issued the order, put it in and set a price, then the player gets a notification (with a linked item, or a system message) that he can collect his request (or that it is cancelled by either party).
3. All locks and claims should be able to give custom permissions to a “playername” if it is their friend or not and if he/she is online or not, and friendrequests should be sendable to everyone everywhere also if he/she is online or not.
4.Ingame mailsystem, a mailbox, to craft so you can send mail to other people, the mail will take time to arrive depending on distance and planet.
in addition a maildepot, a central postal service between worlds (mail-portal) Fueled by Oort ofcourse.
(It would work like the realworld legacy telephonesystem, where your post will be send to a depot, then to the nearest depot of your destination, then to the next mailbox)
Maaybe even the option to send items via the mailsystem.
5. we dont have a mixer for show make it able to mix colored gleam into moar colors
6. Clothing, so we can walk around in cool stuff.
7. i find myself to be hopping between my 3 characters, because of their skills and claims, it would be nice if other people could see that i am playing an alt character (by selecting a maincharacter, wich will be added as a suffix to the name of the other two characters)
I hope these tips (if not already on the roadmap, i don’t know everything ) provide some inspiration.
These are just my ideas of what would help this great game become even better, they would need refinement obviously.
(i probably just stating what someone else already did some time ago sorry for that, the forum is big and i did not read it all)