Wild life smart Spawning suggestion

So from what I can see, mobs spawn near you in some kind of radius. Usually 2-3 mobs. Sometimes variation like 1 cuttletunk and 2 hoppers or just a cluster. Is there any plans on making their Spawning a little more predictable. Such as spitters in open areas, cuttletunk near floating islands, wildstuck in grassy plains and so on. This way it would make it so players have to travel to certain areas of a planet and settled in all these biomes in order to obtain a specific resource from wild life. :thinking: This sound helpful for growth and exploration to me. Or has this been discussed elsewhere?

4 Likes

I know originally the concept for cuttletrunks was that they spawned in certain flowers. That may be in the works still. It could be that these plants only generate in certain areas.

1 Like

As far as I know there are plans to restrict certain species to whatever biome. Same with weather.

I wonder if that’ll be pre-1.0

I imagine it would need testing.

Hope they add more variety of creatures as it’s shown on steam. The animal farming system would and the ability to bring creatures from other planets would bring a new life to the game and keep more people playing within cities to get rid of that ghost town feeling. :smirk:

2 Likes

I dunno about farming but the hunters and the rock eating worms will change a lot. There is also that ground bashing mob in queue and some water creatures. So yeah a lot to look forward to.

1 Like

Yeah I’m trying to make a statue of a stonethrower in Munteen :smile:
You mentioned a rock eating worm? Any sketches?

1 Like

I was there today. Omg I thought it was a gorilla. :joy:

1 Like

Newer post.

Gorilla :joy: I guess I gotta work on more details on it.

2 Likes

Well their general look as in body proportions and stance do look gorilla-like.

I found this. I hope I don’t butcher it’s look, and make it look like what the devs have drawn up :wink:

1 Like

There are just so many cool creatures I can’t wait to see!

It didn’t have the head sculpted when I saw it so I guess it was easy to think it’s gorilla. :grimacing:

1 Like