Boundless Multiverse

I wonder how far the modding can go.
A total conversion could be intersting, keeping the beautiful world but trying totally different forms of combat, crafting, etc …

7 Likes

Dont worry, alongside it I’m working on adding something big for all players that has been asked for for quite some time!

37 Likes

Does it start with “fur”?! :smiley:

4 Likes

Furry animals?

Regards,

3 Likes

Thank you for the update, and all the work as always!! :slight_smile:

I do see great potential here for expanding the appeal of Boundless to a wider audience. People I know in person with kids who might love Boundless, but leery about the MMO thing even with the controls available, for example.

Also, hosting a universe might allow some of us to make ones where the learning curve was significantly reduced, for those who have trouble with that part. Players who are recruited could be pointed to more easy-mode universes to get their feet wet.

Of course, there is also the possibility on the modding side of new universes with a vast array of new block types and all that I suppose? I’m also wondering how far that can go? That - with this incredibly talented community - we could see a really stunning array of variation within the multiverse?

I do see the concerns on the Sovereigns, and also maintaining the main universe though. I admit this has made me hesitate about the long-term of my rentals. Yes, they are separate, but I did a lot of what I did for my fellow players to enjoy too. Will the demand for them be there once this launches? And, I mean, if I can host my own universe…? Lot of potential there for sure - I could eventually I suppose HAVE the perfect “Pakaverse” and it would allow me to build and screenshot better than ever before. Though given only so much time to play, might come at the expense of having to choose one or the other as my big focus.

7 Likes

I don’t like change!
Haha but I’m sure this will be great for many people…

I’m afraid I’m leaning towards missing us all being in one place (near enough) I worry that we are scattering ourselves too far across the stars :frowning:

Edit: the more I read the sadder I get :sob:

18 Likes

This feels like a bad idea. Further splintering a small player base.

Can you start to advertise the game to bring more players?

12 Likes

Thaaaaanks for telling :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:.

1 Like

I can see the number of your sovereign rentals declining with this as you’ll be able to play around with configs locally :wink:

2 Likes

I’m a bit worried about the main universe and many sovereigns as well (for me for example, my sov is a place that looks as I want and is mostly isolated. if I can make a universe and customize it even more (and for free), I will most likely not be keeping the sovereign.
…good thing I didn’t reclaim my main base on Antar :smiley:

12 Likes

Would you say it’s big enough to call it titanic?

9 Likes

Pants? Ladders? Block Transformation Machines? Furniture? Boats & Fishing? Titans & new Mobs?

C’mon…You can’t leave us hanging like this. throw us a hint at least lol. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Looking back, I was worried the sovereigns were going to scatter us but it seems they didn’t and instead they gave people more ways to enjoy the game. Learning from that, I am trusting the devs with this one.

Plus, those extreme singleplayer fans probably kept to themselves and never interacted with anyone anyway?

11 Likes

Does it start with a “p”

and end with “ants”? :smiley:

6 Likes

There has actually been quite a lot of feedback from potential players that won’t even try the game as they wouldn’t be able to play offline, or in their own universe with family/friends, so this update tries to address that.

It has the potential to bring more players to the game, but realistically comes with the probability that some from the MMO universe will switch to a local universe, but it also has the potential for local universe players to switch to the main MMO as well after they’ve had a taste of the game.

12 Likes

I personally will abstain from asking for details to encourage more free communications :joy:. Don’t want to spook the devs into silence xD

3 Likes

In my opinion, the addition of Sovereign planets and Local Universes is like owning a theme park and spending a load of time/money/resources on making the doors to the theme park wider.

You need to invest in the rides. Then widen the doors when needed?

18 Likes

I’m thinking not much will change in the main universe when localverse hits. I would assume that most invested in the main universe will stay.

Population wise I’m talking. Hopefully we get more to join the MMOverse

4 Likes

Very this.

Just pick up the intergalactic phone and call once in a while.

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree about sovereign worlds. The main universe has become noticeably more deserted since they were introduced, and as a shop and portal hub owner I’ve seen footfall drop pretty dramatically.

I can see this addition making that problem much worse, as while the sovereign worlds are at least connected to the main universe and those people are therefore still out there somewhere, private hosted universes will be completely detached and will likely draw away some percentage of the current already thinly-stretched userbase.

My greater concern is that this is a move towards making the MMO component susbscription-based to keep the servers running.

2 Likes