"FULLY" AFK Block XP Farm

Some comments from last time we discussed that, pretty relevant I think.

There are some reports here and there of higher numbers, most of which seem to involve some additional crafting of output being factored in. But at that time, building, (block) farming, a couple of other things mentioned including chisel work were coming in at near enough the same numbers to see that there was a carefully planned balance and it was working out.

No time frames were given really, in the video from this thread. I’m not sure how badly it breaks this balance if operated manually.

2 Likes

I think that this isn’t to their interest. The exp gain on the other hand is fatal as exp means plots. Plots are also obtainable by real-life money. So it’s a threat to their income

Manual and AFK is the same exp, make no difference in that sense. Just that you can do the laundry while gaining the exp if AFK was allowed.

I understand the rate doesn’t change. That would go back to that time/value equation I keep mentioning. If your time input is 0 - the rate could be half it still breaks the equation.

If you can handle blocks, farm blocks, mine, hunt high level, etc … and come in with close to the same numbers across the board then it doesn’t matter what activity you choose. Everyone has a chance, even if the high end is more sustainable with some activities than others.

Wasn’t specifically trying to harp on the AFK thing I hope we’re through with that. If a new technique is discovered that otherwise breaks that interwoven balance, it still needs addressing.

The farm would only allow for 20-25 min AFK due to coils breaking. Furthermore as hunger decreases, there is a cap on how long you could theoretically AFK before taking damage from hunger and die.

That was hilarious. In a busy game this wouldn’t be necessary (and was frowned upon) but I sort of agree with his reasons for re-opening in the interim. Also, at least someone has to show up and do the work.

General loot multiplying was intentional for sure, but this certainly stretches things, as with the other alting situations. Lots of stuff to clarify here, things James ignored or addressed privately. In time the list of policies will surely become, shall we say, monumental? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: Sorry I’m quoting myself a bit today but there are reasons for that.

The main reason being it creates some contextual pointers to the previous dialogue on some of these frequently rehashed topics. I really do want solid answers, and have always pressed (Sometimes too much) for them.

But for the same reason I posted a pic of an old boundless macro tool, many of us have been involved in this stuff before, at this time if we want these issues addressed in a constructive manner - it should help to provide some context for the people who have to prioritize and address the issues.

It’s hard to find stuff on this monolithic forum and we can hardly expect newer players (or newer owners) to quickly key in on the relevant context.

For me, it’s often easiest to find a thread I remember by searching my own post history.

Diagree. The Loot farm is very different. Whilst you don’t necessarily need to kill anything with a slingbow you still have to be very active on it. So the Loot farm isn’t effected by it. No bots or scripts are used just whats already in the game and there’s no afk. You can’t afk there.

I can’t speak for the AFK farm I’ve not fully used it. From what I’ve seen it does require at least 1 person to participate otherwise the loot you get is few and far between. But like I said not fully used it so i could be wrong. Waiting for an event there to see it properly.

Yes, not in the AFK aspect but Tiggs said my farm is not allowed since “it’s not in the spirit of the game”. I don’t think devs intended for mobs to be farmed in that way. This is what I mean all of this is too vague.

Edit: I am all for creative solutions and inventions in the game, I love seeing all of this great creations. But I am just saying it’s not that easy of an answer when some here say it’s “so obvious what is right!”.

There’s no xp advantage and it’s not even related to this. The lava kills the mobs and you still have to participate either by running, grappling or using a stone slingbow.
It’s not AFK and it doesn’t use bots or scripts. So it’s got nothing to do with this discussion. Similar to the AFK farm to some extent. There’s no xp advantage.

Wow does everybody remember that this is a video game? I mean it’s for fun. Are people actually going after each other with pitchforks because somebody could get experience by standing somewhere and placing blocks or by chiseling blocks while they’re at their keyboard. At the current moment why don’t we just let the new team get everything situated instead of bombarding them with our nitpicking, all this is going to do is make everything just take even longer while we wait for the next update. Like they said they have a list of things do we really want to keep adding to that list to push the one big update we were going to get even further back for them to just possibly ban people from the game when we have so little of a population left.

5 Likes

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

So you think that in the spirit of the game to build a massive flat platform in order to force more spawns in an easily traversed area is not reducing from the intended method of hunting 1. Meteors and 2. mobs around the world?

We are not talking about AFK, scripts or botting here now. Someone bringing 5 alts to a hunt is also by the same argument “not in the spirit of the game”. It’s just too vague.

2 Likes

Reminds me though of my bug I had in the past before I became a forum member. I was active for hours doing different things such as farming gleam at the non gleam ball farms of portal seekers and no matter what activity I did, I wouldn’t get exp. Sometimes I noticed very late so hours worth of work wasn’t giving me anything. Quick fix was mostly closing the game and re-login. But the damage was still there for me as I wouldn’t get the exp afterward paid out either. Boundless just still needs a hell of an amount of work being done

The only question, regarding how it affects the balance is how fast the XP comes. The fastest claim I’ve seen mad with supporting numbers, for instance, farming gleam is something like 11 levels per hour. Lots of players in different methods can easily sustain 6 - 8 levels an hour.

So, again regardless of how you operate it - if it’s significantly faster, it’s a balance issue. I’ve asked a couple times but, seems you’re shy on the number :wink:

No worries though, when there’s a team capable of addressing it, they can easily re-create it and make those decisions.

It was in the video as well but I said it was between 5 and 12 levels per hr (depending on if you refresh teaching every 5 min) so :wink: to yourself. Not sure if you are trying to suggest something here to make me seem worse than I am. Not appreciated.

Sometimes I do :wink: :rofl:

Anyways if that’s the range, it doesn’t seem very game breaking. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh wait that’s prior to the 50% bump?

It doesn’t replace anything at all. Doesn’t replace hunting it never will. You get far more loot from running meteors, thats a fact. It’s just another option for people especially those that can’t do hunts for various reasons such as health or they don’t like to hunts. It’s only run once a week. It takes a bit of prep to set it up in order to run and also after it ends
I don’t think you understand how the loot farm works.

In a game such as this people are always going to find ways to push the boundaries of games. Minecraft has it. They have mob grinders.

I think you are taking a statement made by the community manager and running at everyone elses builds in the game. The question was asked on your post and they returned with an answer.

If the loot farm isn’t how it’s intended I’m sure the devs will happily approach @SWProzee1 and let him know. But they’d have to see how it’s run

I’d love to see an AFK block farm. Setup a private instance for the player to mindlessly AFK grind all the blocks. No drops allowed, only XP. Seems like a good compromise :slight_smile:

Minecraft does not have an economy nor a plot system that allows you to buy plots or gain cubits. It’s a bad comparison.

A better one might be gold farmers in MMORPGs.

TBF It wasn’t @QuimbyBoundless that brought that up? Did I miss it?

I never got to actually try the final product. I don’t have enough machined iron (or lucent blocks).

It looks like this.

But it would be about 50% faster take or give 10%. It has more coils which also increases repair time but it also places more blocks than version 1.

And I think Vex brought up AFK mob farm and I brought up the Loot farm in the same discussion.