Ladders?

So i’ve seen a post long ago about ladders and they are even in the game files but with no texture.
Im just wondering if anyone know anything new about them?

5 Likes

The answer I keep getting is that certain chiseled surfaces will be at some point “climbable” which would be amazing :star_struck:

7 Likes

that would be awesome

1 Like

What more do you know? Spill it, Jiivita, spill it. The spoilers law enforcement asks you for more info :smirk:.

2 Likes

I “think” everything I know is public information :thinking: … It’s just that some bits are more public than others :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What Oortian Farm world do we live in?! :joy:

2 Likes

Can we skip ladders and go for elevator blocks?

3 Likes

I totally support this! <3

Even in virtual space we don’t want to take the stairs. :thinking:

1 Like

I am not sure how I feel about that, While yes it is alot better then simply not having something that functions as a ladder, I would very much prefer it, if this involved a new block, or something that can be crafted to placed onto the block to change it, or anything else that was new

I feel the same systems are being reused just a tad too much, And therefore I would prefer to see it isolated from the chisel system. I also really don’t want to see this become apart of the forge system on top of it all, if they decide to make this function part of a boon.

So while I am not against it being apart of the chisel system. I feel that would be quite mundane and dull when compared to creating a new block or something else.

1 Like

They do have designs for ladders so it’s not like chiselling blocks will be the only way to have ladders, we are just asking for both :slight_smile:

Arise, thread long dead! Arise and do my bidding!

Real reason to do so, though. How’s the concept of ladders going? Have I missed them in the past year or so? Or are they still not in the game?

1 Like

Yea still not in the game atm

All right, thank you.

@james Any dev info you can share? :smiley: Possible future plans in the works?

You can definitely make things that look exactly like ladders. You just can’t climb them. But you can use your grapple and pretend your climbing up it.

2 Likes

There are two ways to make ladders that are “climbable” by jumping.

1 Like

I thought @Ovis - Chan made ladders you can climb

1 Like

Oooh, that sounds nice. Are there tutorials floating around the forum?

you can use the lattice chisel to make each block (or every 3 blocks if you have the jump epic) a size smaller than the one before it… after the 4 sizes of lattice you’ll have to move to a new column of blocks

also Ovis made a surface teleporter… i’ll have to hunt it up right quick

Edit:
Surface Bumper

some pics of lattice ladders

8 Likes

Ovis-DK jump ladder:

4 Likes