Lagging and disconnecting

Trying to play this morning and am getting awful lag and disconnects. I would think it was just me but I have heard others saying it was happening too.

1 Like

Yesterday I had 4 disconnects in a row, it got so bad it literally shut down my router and forced it to restart. It makes me worry. Any other games I play don’t have a single issue with internet/server connection. Boundless is the only one that seems to mess with my internet.

1 Like

@james or @Steggs101 can you guys see what is going on? Is been happening over 20 minutes now.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Could you provide the following information please?

Where are you physically playing from?
What’s Worlds are you experiencing lag on?
What are the performance details of your connection?
Have you tried setting your Chunk Rate limit lower?
Can you share a screen shot of the Latency Graph when you experience lag?
Can you share a screen shot of the Latency Histogram in a world after experiencing lag?

You can PM me this if you’d prefer not to say this info in public.

Looking at the servers themselves, they aren’t reporting that they’re down so there could be something else going on.

1. I play through a PS4 Pro.
  2. I experience this on my home planet, Tana VII which is practically a barren wasteland. Barely anybody lives there.
  3. I use Charter internet that steadied out at 120-160 mbps.
  4. My internet chunk rate is sitting on -8 right now.
  5. Can’t since I play on PS4.
  6. Cant since I play on PS4.

Where are you physically playing from?
Austria, near Vienna

What’s Worlds are you experiencing lag on?
Everywhere, even the “EU” Worlds

What are the performance details of your connection?
100/10mbit DSL, problem checked with my provider aswell. Everything fine on my end.

Have you tried setting your Chunk Rate limit lower?
Yes.

It was bad before the performance “fix” on all but the EU planets, now its worse on all. Sometimes up to 4-5 mins after using a portal before my char stops jumping around.

I see relatively frequent latency spikes on Biitula—they tend to last ~1 minute, and occur maybe once an hour (but not that consistently).

Some interesting evidence:

• I’m frequently on Discord at the same time, having active conversations, and they are not interrupted
  • I have another friend in the same city (Seattle), also playing on Biitula in the same region. They do not experience latency spikes
  • My connection is 1Gbit up & down (and generally very stable), ISP is Wave G
  • My gaming rig is hard wired into my network
  • I’m generally not moving around very much (staying within a few adjacent chunks)
  • There is one portal in range, to another location on the same world, maybe 10 chunks away
  • I have chunk download rate at Max, cache at 8GB

Latency spike:

Regular state:

Going to try lowering chunk rate to Ultra, and see if that improves anything.

1 Like

Still occurs with chunk rate at ultra and high. Currently running at min to rule that out