Making Coin

Outside of going on Hunts to farm Oort, is there a good way to make coin in the game currently? Back in the day, I used to gather Bitumen and Resin on exos, which I still have a decent stockpile of because of it, but those are worth pennies today, making those kind of useless.

Most of what I seem to have farmed back then, does seem very valueless today, which is why I ask. Definitely been a little bit of a struggle to find something to do to sell, that isn’t forging or Oort farming.

3 Likes

An interesting use of the community support tag… Probably the trading tag would be more appropriate…

Anyway, to answer your question. Hopper cores, and roadrunner feathers are always in demand and fetch good prices each, still hunting related yeah, but roadrunners you don’t tend to get much of from meteor hunts…

There are (what I would argue) strong markets for beans still, especially bitter beans(over 100c each still). I farm those on the ice fields of besevrona, I’d imagine there are better sov farms for them too.

There is always the gleam farming, refine, crysomint and repeat, way of farming coin too, although tbh that one doesn’t really help the market…

4 Likes

Definitely not at all! I mean… yes the current market situation might not be the best but generally speaking, you can specialize in something and open a shop or you could sell to request baskets. I did the latter for some time after closing my first shop. Easier for some people than running a shop as it can be done when you have free time without being tied to keeping a shop stocked.

4 Likes

Ores are pretty short right now - millions in buy requests open for them. All hunting goods are short too right now - you can make a pretty penny doing surface runs and soloing meteors on T3-T5 at the moments.

3 Likes

Harvesting spicy, sweet and bitter beans is decent for making money. Mining fossils, converting them to essence and minting them in a fully coiled minter is good, too.

5 Likes

There is the way I did it when I first started. It’s a long drawn out process, with low return, but it is steady.
Set up about 25-50 crafting tables. Mine rock. Turn rock into stones. Turn stones into doors. Mint doors. Stone doors mint for 1c each, so 900c per smart stack.

6 Likes

To make a lot of coin it takes … A LOT OF EFFORT

I make a lot of coin, but I bust my tail doing it. For me:

• Ores (Gold, Iron, Copper, etc.) - slow decent money - bonus stuff like fossils
  • Gems (Topaz, Sapphire, Diamond)
  • Stuff from hunts (Mantles, Meat, Trophies, etc.)
  • Beans - lots of work but I just sold most of Bitter Bean stock for about 1.6mil
  • Concrete sells pretty well granted my prices are a little higher than most

That’s a start for you hopefully.

4 Likes

cyro see what items you can make and sell for profit to it

Oh I didn’t just make this thread for myself. I made it for anyone else who may also have the same question.

T6 mining is pretty good solo income. With the right skills you can use diamond AOE hammers with damage and either speed or durability to hit rocks in one shot. Boundless Damage Calculator is useful for seeing what damage you need to get to in order to one-shot your chosen tier with your given skills. Add in a loot stick, mega fast brews for a lot more speed, starberry pies for energy regen, and earthyam pies to recover total energy periodically and you will scoop up a ton of mining loot. There are plenty of public mines available through the TNT network on both sovereigns and native worlds. If you don’t have perfect skills you can also start on a T5 like Serpensarindi and mine diamonds.

1 Like

my way of making money?
im lazy af so if i want/need money im just filling request baskets :slight_smile:
its now easy to run across countless sovs hitting every flower on the way to get beans, leaves, seeds, orbs etc
mining can give you more money but meh, im claustrophobic :stuck_out_tongue: im only mining lucent seems for deco purpose :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Grow wheat, turn the Wheat into Flour, Mint the Flour

2 Likes

how much per flour in fully coiled minter?

1 Like

One of the most lucrative crops for this cycle is waxy earthyam.

IIRC roughly 3c per earthyam after making them into wax.

1 Like

Something I love to tell people when a player is new and need money is if you can get your page for mining and go after diamonds at diamond club off of suprisie? The big portal in TNT to go to the T5 T6 worlds. Soon as you go in turn right and look for Diamond club. Great place to get diamonds and then sell them to request baskets. You will have anough to buy more hammers and over time you will make a lot of money for your self. It takes time. And if you don’t have time I can understand this would not be the best thing to do but it dose help. Hope this makes since.

1 Like

So when i started the game 2500+ hours ago money is easy now that my friends rarely play and Im pretty much a solo player. Things I do are the following.

1. As I mine I fill stands and place them throughout my build. A. It gives foot fall coin B. The stands magucly empty and coin apears no matter whats on the stand.

2. I find requests baskets.

3. I take trash and turn it into doors and cleam pole items then feed the Chysominter.

Z

Trior - Lightbringer

2 Likes

My Niche was farming Gems (Sapphire, Diamonds, etc) but sadly last year…that kinda feel through big time. Used to make 250k coin just from gathering Topaz, fossils and such. This year…I’ve been lucky to hit 80k at times.

1 Like

plot a giant gleamball somewhere and then bomb it refine it run to chrysominter repeat it

2 Likes

Is that making coin you still gotta buy the hammers :sob::disappointed:

1 Like

Yes, easily. Learn to forge basic t1 hammers yourself and it’s even more.

It’s not like, say the gleam door days. However, you can certainly make continuous profits this way.

2 Likes