Planning for 2017 - Contribute your ideas!

Question was phrased to get a single feature answer from people. An alternative “list all the features we should add before 1.0” would return an unachievable shopping list.

6 Likes

in my opinion, this was a “fuzzy” definition of your question because you don’t mention what will be in the game anyway. This lead to the (i hope) false assumption that even titans and a proper skill tree are due too discussion here. Could you please make clear which feature will be in the 1.0 version anyway? As you can read in my answer, I was insecure about this too (as so many others too).

Be clear what we can expect for 1.0 and you don’t get questions or demands that titans and a skill tree need to be part of the game :wink:

1 Like

1. Totally rework a broken MAJOR current feature:
As of right now I believe there is not any broken major feature. The only large feature that comes to mind is the resource generation which can be tweaked with ease to make it easier or harder, as such is not up for a lot of discussion as “broken”. Combat is not what it should be which I hope will get a re-vamp, but who knows what the Lance will contribute to that system?
2. Tweak a broken MINOR current feature:
Increasing resource distribution would help everyone out and make things easier. Also, Crafting times are not a huge problem but I do dislike waiting X amount of hours to further progress when I have a limited amount of time to play.
3. Essential MAJOR feature before 1.0:
I have seen a loot system come up, and I agree there should be loot, but you need TITANS!!! Give us some titans to fight! Throw in mini-bosses! Looking through most of these posts I think having a Titan to fight is more important than guilds currently, because people are playing with their friends anyways.
4. Add a MINOR feature in next update:
As mentioned above, a loot system would be nice, as well as rarity to crafted or looted objects such as tools or blocks. If I have a level 20 crafting level, then making better tools than a standard say, iron hammer, would be nice, and a by-product of that would be even more trading because people want those kind of tools! If I kill a mini-boss some kind of gear they drop or a block that is like a wall-mount would be fun to fight for.

1 Like

I have been on three planets and have only seen wild stock, you should make other creatures more abundant on these planets , also you should add moving mechanics such as pistons and such in mine craft

I’m pretty sure the intention behind this thread is for the devs to get a sense of what we care most about; in case they need to move priorities around. Given that, talking about features on the roadmap seems like fair game. If titans are what you care most about, then it’s probably ok to talk about them as your major feature - unless there is some other major feature (on the roadmap or not) that you care more about.

You probably want to treat it along the lines of: “what major new feature do you want to see that the game currently lacks?”

3 Likes

Yes, I think it’s better to get like 4 Timber out of 1 Wood or at least 2 Timber and same for Stones because it’s stuff we need for almost everything.

Answers put in below.

2 Likes

+1, I’ve been playing this game for a total of 130 hours. 20 hours in the new update and I’ve only found 6 gold ;-;

1 Like

1. Not really a broken feature, but would really appreciate remodelling of some ore blocks as coal, medium coal, iron and silver “KINDA” look similar from far, same goes for copper and gold, and I end up missing on ores because I think they are something else.

2. Spawn capacity of fossil ores in my opinion should see an increase, or at least remove the need for fossils from both copper and iron tools.

3. Not copying other people, but farming, breeding, taming and fishing (if possible) is a feature I have been waiting for in a long time.

4. Would love to see the ability to be able to form guilds and see the location icons on the compass above, makes it easier to locate friends and their homes. Maybe adding the ability to warp between beacons as well to aid in travel for people who work together in large projects.

3 Likes

Putting this game on Android for beta and when it comes out the game will be on Android and iOS

1 Like

When the game is released on PS4, it should be compatible with the remote play app, which should work on Android and iOS. :slight_smile:

That would be nice. But we had to buy them the old fashioned way like everyone else.

I have and android and it shows this on google play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Boundless&hl=en

1 Like

AN achievement system would be nice on the game but there is already on steam [very soon]

I meant the PlayStation mobile app that allows you to play PS4 games on your mobile device.

1 Like

do you have to use a controller cause I do not have one

It’s an option, but the app overlays the PS4 controller on the screen if you don’t have one connected on other games I’ve tried.

and also since I do not have a ps4 is that required to

To use this app yes.

Going back to James’ original post, this topic is mostly about getting a sense of direction for what we should be working on in 2017 in this format:

Any suggestions or anything beyond that should be posted as a seperate thread. :slight_smile:

5 Likes