Post Your Screenshots!

Hmmm… I like the tall towers by themselves, but going along the wall like that the shorter ones go better!

Maybe majority short, with strategistically placed tall “look out” towers?

My extra fabulous death, thanks to a lovely Cuttletrunk lol:

24 Likes

That is a glorious death. You die pretty.

6 Likes

I think the planet knows de way brudas and sistas!!

20 Likes

12 Likes

While running through portals and towns, I came across this stunning infrared-image-looking-build :open_mouth:

loc

36 Likes

Oh wow… I’ve had a bit of fun playing around with ice and gleam but that is Next Level Awesome!!! Going for a visit!!

5 Likes

That is really neat, I’m going to have to go check that out! People are really doing some cool stuff on my home planet lately! Sasquachville, the UltaMech build, and now this. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s an amazing effect. I must learn this magic.

5 Likes

I’ve gotten a similar effect by placing gleam in the ground, then a few pieces of foliage on top. Makes a nice gradient glow. I didn’t think it would show through marble tho :open_mouth:

I didn’t seem gleam on the outside, so I guess it’s hidden within. I must’ve stared at this building for half an hour lol

4 Likes

it shows threw becous of how it’s chiseled

4 Likes

My lastest construction. It looks better at night but wanted to share now :wink:

13 Likes

guess the cats out of the bag on my build. I’m still about 2 weeks off from unveiling but if you are interested on how the lighting works I’m located near the ultima hub on alder. If I am there I can show you how it works. I use many different methods within the build.

10 Likes

If you chisel two blocks into slopes, so that the sharp edges touch, the game treats this as an opening for light, even though they are visually connected…

At least, that’s how I’ve done it.

And yeah, SUPER awesome work! That build is INCREDIBLE!

F***e, that’s a name I’m going to remember!

1 Like

I was pleased with myself for doing this, yours however sir makes me feel totally inadequate haha

11 Likes

Playing around with a few blocks and I think I’ve figured out how it’s done. Now… where shall I use this awesome effect? (Off course original credit for the idea goes to - @Fante :smiley:)

Hint:

:slight_smile:

17 Likes

The “method” was in EA you could do the same thing with ice too.

5 Likes

Any more cool EA secrets you’d like to share? I can pay with donuts next Tuesday but I wanna sample the knowledge first. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We may need a separate thread for Building How Toos

I do not want to forget this one

8 Likes

Thanks for the kind words everyone. As conditionred posted a screen shot above this is one of the methods I use in the build. I use few others to get different shapes and will most likely build a lighting lessons tutorial underneath the build if my mesh limit cooperates (I’m already having issues and hoping they raise the limit like James said in April 2018). Otherwise it might have to be an offsite build.

6 Likes