Call that a Bomb? This is a Bomb! This release introduces brand new Bomb Augments which can be used to increase a number of different stats on your Bombs. Each augment will have three tiers increasing in power/effectiveness from 1 to 3; don’t forget to skill yourself up on Augment crafting so you can make the top tiers.
Damage Bomb Augment
Increases the damage of your Bombs.
- Augment 1 +200
- Augment 2 +400
- Augment 3 +800
Critical Effect Bomb Augment
Increases the damage of critical hits, particularly useful on bombs with a high critical hit chance.
- Augment 1 +5%
- Augment 2 +10%
- Augment 3 +20%
Projectile Speed Bomb Augment
Increases the speed of the projectile, super handy if (like me) you struggle to hit creatures with bombs.
- Augment 1 +5m/s
- Augment 2 +10m/s
- Augment 3 +20m/s
Area of Effect Bomb Augment
Increases the blast radius of your bombs.
- Augment 1 +0.5m
- Augment 2 +1m
- Augment 3 +1.5m
Please report any bugs as separate threads within the Support category
Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- To encourage the crafting of more Revive Augments, the Revive Augment no longer requires Augment skill points to craft, we also removed the Power Requirement and increased the amount created when crafting.
- Added placement with rotation to beacon controls and campfires. They can also be rotated with a chisel now.
- Improved inventory quick moves to try and keep smart stacks with matching items. It prioritises item types first and then item colours.
- Inventory quick move now highlights the destination item slot. This should help early players to understand smart stacks and generally help players to know where items have moved to.
- Chisels will now also ray-test against Lock blocks as well as an upcoming new block-type that like locks, can be placed on walls. This allows the chisel to rotate these blocks even when on walls so that they do not have to always be pointing up.
- Added fast-paths for rotating blocks using a chisel (including the new behaviour on lock blocks) so that they rotate without waiting for a meshing delta. This fast path was originally only used for doors.
Creatures + Combat + Characters:
- Added circle on a PS4 controller to detach the oldest grapple.
- Added more warning before starvation status begins. Starvation bar now pulses purple when the player is close to starvation.
- Increased the pulse speed for the icon over players heads when they are on very low health to make it more obvious.
- Added creatures on compass as yellow when they target other players. This should make finding hidden creatures during a meteorite easier.
- Added creatures on compass now show a brief pulse when they target you to make it clearer you are about to be attacked.
- The crosshair now shows when grapples are in range of their target. If you have 2 grapples it always shows the longer range grapple. When one grapple is attached it shows you the range of the other.
- Bomb Augments have been added to the game, and come in three levels which require Augment skills to craft (in a similar fashion to Slingbow Augments).
- Damage Bomb Augment
- Critical Effect Bomb Augment
- Projectile Speed Bomb Augment
- Area of Effect Bomb Augment
- Slingbow Augments have been increased to 125 shots (up from 20) to make them more viable as an option to increase hunter proficiency.
GUI + HUD:
- Added support for middle mouse button and the forward/back mouse buttons on some gaming mice to the controls in the settings screen.
- Press tab to open chat options while chatting.
- Close emote selection window during emotes so you can see the character animate.
- Improved settings button colours to make left/right clearer.
- Move some left-over debug-text that could pop-up in corner of screen on PC to the player-debug menu under Warnings. Failed to load and retried chunks the main one.
- Updated the profanity filter to ignore a collection of false positives based on community generated content. Please report any other text that is or isn’t getting filtered incorrectly.
- Added drop key to the GUI item prompts.
- Add “Current Settlement” to the places menu to show information about the settlement you are stood in even if not tracked due to owning a beacon within it.
- Don’t try to show settlement rank for a friend’s beacon you’ve added to your list which usually didn’t work correctly and would show “Outside Settlement” instead.
SFX + Music:
- Weather SFX improvements and additions:
- corrosive rain
- freeze rain
- toxic rain
- Made the number of voices consistent for all platforms.
- Added PlayStation 4 support for multiline text input. This enables multiline support for signs.
- Optimise the PlayStation 4 chunk cache to greatly reduce CPU cost when the cache grows large.
- Optimise meshing performance on PlayStation 4 by ~20%.
- Fix bug where in rare cases player data could get reverted to a previous state.
- Fixed icons over players heads not clamping to the top of the screen for dead players or players on low health.
- Fix for creatures HUD info sometimes not showing during a meteorite.
- Fix tool failed block damage audio not being positional.
- Fix atmosphere audio not resetting on return to Sanctum.
- Fix for help text on some screens overflowing its background.
- Fix for top/bottom recipe flashing white for 1 frame when scrolling through the recipe list.
- Fix for sometimes getting stuck on a screen (when switching filters) with no directional d-pad input highlighting a button.
- Fix a graphical issue when placing and modifying machine pipes, which would lead to an individual pipe not being visible properly, and occasionally for the links between pipes to not display properly whilst building the pipes.
- Fixed chat colours not working between users with different language settings.
- Fixed a server crash when breaking a particular arrangement of locked (text-assigned) and non-locked modular signs of the same type and colour.
- Fixed an issue causing the additional-text on signs for non-owners to not show correctly in most cases.
- Fix to Flower placement giving infinite XP.
- Resolved an issue where some cached data specific to a character was not cleared on character change that could occasionally lead to the warps out of the sanctum failing to open correctly requiring a client restart.
- Fixed an issue in the chunk-cache writing entries whilst saturated.
- Fixed a rare crash in the backend data management of Atlas/Planets-in-sky resources that could occur in areas with many atlases from different worlds visible whilst moving around quickly.
- Fixed an issue in block-lighting where non-torch light sources had their radius reduced artificially, warning that this will subtly change the feel of builds that use large numbers of say gleam or lantern blocks as the radius of the blocks’ lighting will be slightly increased now, this also resolved an issue where very-low radius light sources may have not emitted light at all if mostly surrounded by complete blocks.
- Fixed a bug where Gold Fist damage wasn’t showing on block hits and was incorrectly applying area damage type causing reduced damage to blocks
- Fixed slow chunk loading, especially on PlayStation 4, when also downloading many new chunks. This should improve the performance of opening portals.
- Fixed an issue where Wear was missing from crafting recipes.
- Fix for typing “I” in a report opening the inventory.
- Fix for pressing TAB in some modal windows opening the character menu.
- Fix for “Illegal Protocol Message” error when holstering tools in some cases.
- Fix for Gatherer Challenge 1 Objective not completing properly on the final step.
- Fix for client crash when compass pulses with more than >4 creatures simultaneously.
- Fix audio cutting out when new weathers are playing.
- Fix Chunk Download Limit setting not working.
- Fix text overflow in some languages in the exchange.
- Fix for occasional client crash when looking at a beacon owned by another player.
- Fix chunk cache write queue growing large resulting in using large amounts of RAM. This is one cause of crashes on PlayStation 4.
- Fix chunks not unloading quickly enough on PlayStation 4 resulting in using large amounts of RAM. This is the common cause of crashes on PlayStation 4.
- When allocating memory on PlayStation 4 if a single allocation of direct memory fails try to allocate the block a page at a time. This should further help reduce crashes on PS4 due to highly fragmented memory.