Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

@james Is there a place where we can see where we are in the queue? Asking for a friend LOL if not that is cool just super stoked to be getting 2 sovereigns. Just thought I would ask in case!

2 Likes

Yes great work Devs!

1 Like

There is a selection screen with good sized images of each biome type that you are selecting from. @SClayton did our 2 planets in less than 15 minutes selecting biomes and everything.

No just waiting for them to be generated!

1 Like

Is it possible for me to get the slanted spine looking planet with tall forests?

Yup if you select the right combo of biomes! It appears they did a really great job in providing options enough so that you could get biomes to combine if you select more than what they suggest per section.

2 Likes
4 Likes

You get a pretty nice overview of what you’ll get due to the images during the biome selection which should allow you most of the setups you know from exos and public planets.
I’m waiting for the outcome of our planets now. We mixed mountains and forests on our exo while the mid-sized planet should be mostly flat with a few exceptions if it ends up as expected/planned

3 Likes

Our guild planet will be open for everyone to come see and mine but only established guild members will be allowed to build. We are not sure about sharing our exo yet or not depends.

1 Like

Wow, it’s amazing that you can select that. I always loved the planets with lakes and islands.

3 Likes

Get In there Lewis!

I’m going blind or just getting old. I totally didn’t see the link in the email lmao. Thank you, SClayton! :smiley:

2 Likes

No worries. The key button is for fueling the planet later on I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once the planet is genned i think you have to enter the key in boundless to activate your planet and do color selection.

1 Like

Fuel seems very expensive for a 6km world, while the player limit seems rather tiny for a 3km world.

But maybe that’s just me. Not that I planned to buy a world, though.

If 1 block is a meter then thats 1000 blocks per km so a 6km planet would be 6k blocks in circumference. Thats huge for a voxel cube based muning game. Especially if you do

6000x250(max height)=1.5mil potential block spots. Thats a lot to process.

Where a 4.5m*1000 = 1.125 mil potential block spots.

Not too much difference but holding on to that extra 375k possible block positions takes even more processing.

Prices are actually inline with my estimates.

~$1/per player/month. That is about inline with many other dedicated servers for other games as well.

1 Like

I want to make a special shout out / an appeal to @Jiivita :smiley:
Please make us a nice planet creation tutorial video with all the possible choices
You may be able to earn a YouTube nomination for it
… We will be eternally grateful to you :+1: :+1: :clap:

14 Likes

bumping previous query

Mine is grey too. Did yours ever let you redeem the code?

I wonder if they would let you do a smaller world with a higher player limit, or a custom billed world?

1 Like