Testing 246 - Cant open portal on same creative planet

Not sure if someone else posted this already, but I tried this out and was unable to open portals within my Creative world due to the way it seems to “count” the amount of oort in the infinite stacks.

4 Likes

I half left this broken on purpose until we fully resolve exactly what we will do with portals on creative :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

I see… so testing the testers to see if we would find it… sneaky :wink:

2 Likes

LOL at those pics, can you still smart stack different atlases, or drop one off the infinite stack in a trade?

Does that only show on a single atlas, or is that an actual stack?

No way to split the stacks that I have found. Only thing that infinite really does is when placing items you never run out =)

No drops. Not even from players, need to trade manually

Ah, just to test i gave myself more atlases

Annotation 2020-07-26 074926

So now I have 2 infinite stacks… 1 completed one not … and they are stacked together in inventory

Right what I mean is, if I have a stack of portal tokens on live, I have to click it and spin around the circle to select 1, or whatever number, off the stack.

So I wonder how that works with an ‘infinites’ stack, or if it’s really just a single token with an infinity logo on it.

I should have said “select one” rather than “drop one” sorry.

So yes, it works as a single item that you have infinity of, then other items that are not identical can be stacked with similar items.

i.e. for the atlases… if you have blank atlases you cant “give” more… but if I use and atlas and it ties that stack to the planet I am on, then I can “give” myself more blank atlases to use again.

1 Like

So, (sorry this is off topic for your issue report) but I’m wondering what happens if you try to give/trade to another player, from your ‘infinite stack’ of completed atlases.

Could you peel one off and give it to them, or do you have to give them the whole ‘stack’ and then make another one?

This question could be applicable to shop stands too, I guess.

I dont think shops stands work at all, and I have not seen anyone else on creative to try to test a trade…

Currently seeing how the infinite stacks affect forging :man_shrugging:

1 Like

All right thanks Soju.

If there’s a way for me to come into your world and you would like to test some of that let me know.

From the screens I’ve seen here it sort of just looks like everything has an infinity icon on it, even if it doesn’t make sense.

None of that works on creative

Edit: that post has where I placed some location tokens for my creative world on Dand if you wanna come

Trade is disabled it seems

Annotation 2020-07-26 092137

But was able to put completed atlases in a storage bin with an advanced lock and @almund was able to take them from there… so kinda a workaround for trading

1 Like

Completed atlases are probably one of very cases where it would matter, I suppose. Even then it’s not needed for mining or resource gathering so it doesn’t seem like an important issue.

Thanks for the follow through though.

Yeah, that and “maybe” forged stuff… but since most things can just be given it wont matter.

Can you not drop items either?

I feel like trading and dropping items is useful when co-building

If you drop an item from inventory it just vanishes. I tried to get around the grapple thing by dropping one and creating another.

They probably would have merged anyways. When I shift-clicked some items from storage into inventory they stacked with (vanished into) the existing items.

Putting them into storage works nicely as long as you drag them into your inventory rather than shift-clicking.

Soju mentioned that forged items also disappear into existing unforged items.