1 Like

Oh happy 2nd birthday boundless :tada::confetti_ball::gift:

1 Like

l4FGt85qyoECmb3Us

4 Likes

Aaayyy finally! Woohooo! :pray:
And happy 2nd birthday! :tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

I am VERY happy to see this finally communicated and that you all did take the time to implement my suggestion.

When I pitched it, I felt a community contest of the “best biome” picture should be made available. I think the program you all wrote to take the pictures probably did a good job but I still hope maybe you would consider allowing people to submit Biome shots… well maybe we just have to wait to see how the pictures look.

2 Likes

Be aware that some of the names don’t make much sense. I do agree we need some way to see the biome list on the planets in the game and that a name might help.

1 Like

Thank you for the update & Happy #2!!! :boundless:

So, Monday rental planets & thursday the bday party starts?

There are two reasons I’m a little glad the celebration won’t start until next Thurs…it would be awkward for some of us to celebrate something today & it will give those that don’t get rentals some fun activities/Exo/items/etc.

Can’t wait to see the fabulous new dance emotes!!! :dancer: :dancing_women: :man_dancing: :man_cartwheeling:

People get a whole catalog of biomes to select from! Wishes :sparkles: granted!! :grin: :grin: :grin: A lot of players will be super happy about this.

Larger thumbnails (click & download or click then right click and open in new tab)

15 Likes

Happy birthday, Boundless. <3 I wish I had more time in life to enjoy you, but it’s wonderful knowing you’ll still be there when I do.

5 Likes

I don’t care if the name does not make any sense. Basically I look at at the picture and decide if I like the biome or not. Having a name to associate it with will make the selection process quicker and easier.

1 Like

Sweet! Any idea how many biomes one planet can have? Do we get to assign biomes to specific regions or does it auto generate the planet based on available biomes?

5 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

If I wanted to recreate endor from starwars and have ewok villages or a forest elf city in tall trees, would I be allowed to have multiple of the same biome selected so I could create massive tree forests?

Or will we be limited to selecting each biome only once?

I’d really like to create half world forests that are massive

Oh and also, can we select to have goo grow on our planet?

@james @SamF

4 Likes

What ya really need is the tall tree biome on top of the fat tree biome

Also want to add that I’m excited beyond measure for this! Just as I had thought creative mode was years away, until today I thought choosing biomes would be. You devs are wizards.

Edit 2: Just noticed this also applies as a reply to @molav above :smile:

2 Likes

Who thought today was going to be the day of this post? I didn’t. Super exciting!!!

6 Likes

wild goo can still only be found on Exo worlds, however you can cultivate and grow goo froom seeds :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is probably a question for the FAQ but I’m too curious and impatient…will the profiles be restricted to those the public worlds have now? Will profiles only be something creative world owners can select?

1 Like

I’d imagine it will match the tier of the planet - I dunno which tiers we will be able to select.

@rossstephens If wild goo won’t be available on Sov planets, does that go for lucent gems/petrolim/resin too?

2 Likes

Yep but most tiers get more than 1 profile. Afaik there’s an up-to-date list under point 2 of this post. The OP details of this thread make it seem like profile selection is only something creative world owners can do:

Does that mean if I want a T6 corrosive I have to just roll the dice as profile will be selected randomly? Like I said, might just be a question for the FAQ.

1 Like

I think this means, if you want to create an Emerald planet with tons of Ocean, or something, then you can’t.

There will likely be certain restrictions to keep balance of the land/ocean/gem creation. So you can’t make the ‘perfect’ farm planet for a resource by manipulating the biomes to be a certain type/teir.

Just how I read it.

5 Likes

If you’re asking if you’ll be able to over-saturate your Sov planet with a certain resource (ie diamonds), I doubt it - since that wouldn’t follow the rules of the other survival planets. Sounds like you can do whatever you want with Creative planets though. We’re all looking forward to the FAQ for sure :blush: