So, this is super simple.
This idea would be to figure out a way for beacons which are large enough and are powered with Gleamclub to have the ability to black-list some weather effects.
Here’s a quick mock-up I did.
I surely missed a lot of weather effects, I was too lazy to search for an actual list, so I wrote random stuff from memory.
Point is, maybe there could be something like that only for some players.
I think it would make sense to only make this feature available for settlements that have a large surface of plots. If you have a Gleam Club, a huge amount of prestige, and all that in a 1x1 plot space, but like 200 plots stacked-up in a tower, it couldn’t work to localize the weather to just one plot.
But aside from that, what do you think should be required?
- For everybody!
- For Gleam Club users
- For settlements at Village prestige level
- For settlements at Town prestige level
- For settlements at City prestige level
- For settlements at Great city prestige level
I would personally make it a Gleam Club feature to increase the value of GC. It’s not something that players need, so it would have its place there.
I would be quite happy to be able to get rid of the snow during Oortmas, and maybe have a nice place where basically the only weather you’d ever get would be the fall of rose petals.
Another interesting option could be a Weather-Machine.
The machine would affect a radius of plots instead of a beacon.
The machine would work like a Guild Helix, it would have various modes, such as Minor, Improved, Super, Greater, Mega. It would also have about 3 slots, so that the player can affect a maximum of 3 weather effects.
How much radius does each size-mode equals to, that’s to be discussed. Should Mega have 100 plots of radius?
The machine would propose the player to increase or to reduce any effects available in the region (snow would be available in all regions during Oortmas).
The machine would consume a fuel (Elemental shards come to mind as they seem somewhat thematically fitting), but if the beacon is powered by Gleam Club, the machine would require no fuel or repairs.
If there is a machine owned by another player already running nearby, yours would refuse you to enable some size-modes if they overlap with the other machine that was activated before.
Arguably, if your machine is to have the same effect as the other machine, it could however work.
Anyway, this Machine idea brings a lot more things to work through, but it could be interesting.
So because the first poll wasn’t all that great, here’s a new multiple-choice one!
- I still prefer the original idea (Beacon control option for Gleam Club users)
- I still prefer to make this available to everybody
- I still prefer to make this available only to players who reach a certain Prestige level
- I prefer the weather-machine idea described above
- I would prefer another weather-machine concept (comment below)
- Change nothing, it’s perfect as it is
- Press B to pay resp- uh… to hide weather effects and deal with it!
- Re-visit the probabilities per biome to have each weather effects
- Re-visit and enhance the actual visuals for each weather effects
- Add buffs and debuffs to weather effects!