Healing bomb bug?

Hi, I’m having an issue with healing bombs and I cant find a current topic about it. I think they were working at least last week. Today, I noticed a problem doing a meteorite with a couple random people. It wouldn’t heal them or it would and then it’d revert back to what they had before and one of the guys died :confused: Thought maybe it was just lag, but now Im trying to heal my irl friend and were just standing still on a native server, no combat, and its healing him then revert right after every time i hit him with it.

4 Likes

This happens often to me too. I never bothered to report it as a bug but I really hope a dev looks at this.

3 Likes

That sounds like a pretty serious bug. If you can think of any steps to reproduce it that may help the devs hunt it down.

What are the exact names of the boons you currently have on the bombs?

Happens to me when in large groups with healing, radius, and damage boons
Oh exact names… I forgot. Will check.

1 Like

Yeah it’s been doing this as long as I can remember. I always thought it had to do with healing people who are moving. If they are standing still it works fine.
I use devastating damage
Bigger boom and heal.

3 Likes

Yea this has always been a thing that happens. I’d say maybe 25% of the time. I stood in front of someone and just repeatedly heal bombed then and kept watching the health bar return to low after heal. Always thought it was just a server issue.

Normally only put healing 3 on mine.

2 Likes

Same here, it happens quite frequently to me. It seems to happen more often when the target player is moving or far away from me. I didn’t forge the bombs myself, so I’m not sure of the exact boons. I’m sure devastating damage is one since it is a very high damage/healing bomb.

For me devastating damage never worked on healing bombs

They are iron bombs with +15action speed,-10 knockback, +100 rank, +health, +energy, +status effects.
Sorry I didn’t get back to my post till now. I just logged in to see if I could find an injured player in my world to do another quick test but its really empty at the mall right now and my friend is busy.

It could be some kind of lag related issue, but it was all day yesterday, so which would be weird for a temporary lag spike and everything else seemed smooth. I tested this standing still multiple times on maryx and gyosha with my friend irl in game with me same internet connection and i am a us east resident. (I think maryx is us east too, gyosha for sure).

So this sounds like it could be a common thing? For more background, I don’t forge so I’m not sure if the boon names if I didnt provide the correct info. I bought these bombs a month or so ago and I had never used healing bombs before, but they had worked exactly as described for me up until now even in battle with others. Thanks for all your help everyone :smile:

I’ve had this issue for ages. It is a distance thing. If you are too far away your health will revert. If you actually want to get healed for real you need to move closer to the person bombing. @vdragon

Well, for me I’m the one trying to do the healing. I know sometimes my aim is off and it can bounce off somewhere else. But what was happening in the fight I was right next to them spamming the bombs and they were exploding on them and they were even healing me I’m not sure if any of their healing ‘stuck’ to them or not since it can get kinda crazy during a meteor. After that, during the test I was doing with my friend we were almost nose to nose lol.
Edit: Also they heal myself just fine, but if its connection thing it wouldnt effect myself anyway.

Tbh would it be a game breaking change for the server to give the client the benefit of the doubt?

From the discussion in these threads it sounds like a disagreement between client and server. Client-side, what I experience is that I throw a bomb at someone, it connects, which triggers the explosion (as opposed to being a timed explosion). I assume, at least, that the way bombs work is that they explode when they connect with an entity (like a corpse, or another player). But despite being point blank and the bomb being triggered by hitting that player (at least what it appears client-side), the health is taken back.

2 Likes

Maybe a healing bomb can work a similar way to how blocks/creatures are treated in terms of tools/slingbows. When targeting a player or corpse within some range, the bomb becomes a homing bomb and will produce a guaranteed heal. The client message to server is “I used bomb on this corpse/player within range.” Client-side animation will match with server-side processing. Otherwise, it’s a timed bomb and at least when reverts happen it’s when we chose to do something less guaranteed.

Just want an intuitive way of guaranteeing that the bomb connects and that the visual matches the result.

My solution has been to throw 3 bombs…

1 Like

dobble this and hope it will work :expressionless: … its better everyone has her one bomb …:upside_down_face: If you want to be a “Healer” (at this game) pac your Reviver Aug. + Totem with :sneezing_face:

1 Like

It turns bomb damage into healing capability for allies. i made the perfect ones!

I meant that when I add devastating damage it doesn’t counts to the healing. I stopped doing that since others confirmed me that for them was the same

1 Like