Lanterns changed colors

I invested in some black gleam to make a mass craft of Blk lanterns and Bright Azure lanterns the tool tip after I hit craft even verified the colors of the lanterns BUT when they finished cooking they were Cold Berry (which was supposed to be blk) and Stark yellow which was supposed to be bright Azure.

gleam colors go for a lot of money and my investment is now void. I would either like my Black gleam and Bright azure back or the mass craft lanterns if possible. thx

5 Likes

That is very strange and horrible.

Black gleam lanterns would look awesome.

1 Like

Seems like it’s a known issue Crafting Queue Display vs. Actual Outcome

Thanks for the replies wish I wouldve seen it before I blew all that cash for the gleambow colors. Had a couple builds in mind for these too sadly I guess Im SOL ah well life goes on lol

If you’re crafting for colors the only way I’ve found reliable is to ensure that you have the exact number of blocks in the machine inventory when you hit craft.

TBF if I’m doing something rare I make sure there’s no other colors in my inventory, too.

Burnt more than once.

2 Likes

Yeah but the tooltip confirmed Blk Lanterns but shot me random colors lol. I dont even own any cold berry gleam lol

1 Like

That’s a real (and really serious) bug then. I hope that somebody looks into this for you.

1 Like

My thinking is that crafted lanterns are only programmed for released planet gleam not the event gleam
So say they release a exo with blk gleam they would program that into the crafts as well. Thats just my hypothesis.

Nah, that’s not it.

I made a mass of black lanterns just after gleambow event, though it could have changed during an update.

Hope the devs get to the bottom of it and sort you out!

Thanks yeah I hope so.

my black gleam lanterns got screwed over too back when the gleambow race was going. i complain so much on here i decided not to mention this one then but I would like to know why it did this.

1 Like

When you craft the system will take resources from the machine’s inventory first and then your personal inventory. If there is a distribution of input colours then the output will select an output colour by sampling the input distribution.

For example, if there are 75 red gleam and 25 blue gleam, then there is a 75% chance that all the outputs will be red, and a 25% chance that all the outputs will be blue. It’s a single roll for all the outputs.

I would imagine in this case the system pulled in some other colours and they were unluckily selected as the output colour.

We have discussed in the past changing this system to select the output colour for each output item. This would mean that instead of getting 100% red or 100% blue, you’re more likely to get 75% red and 25% blue.

5 Likes

I think if you look at the tooltip and it says blk Lanterns and doesnt make blk lanterns you are stuck. My solution would be that the tooltip reflect the actual color so at least we have the option to quit out of the recipe instead of getting a color we dont want after the fact when its to late and weve lost our resources.

1 Like

But this would mean that you could add 1x black and 99x white and keep trying until the colour reports black. So it would be a way to game the RNG.

4 Likes

Well maybe majority color is the default color so its not technically gamed? Example mass craft is 36 gleam if you have say 75% one color it would be the default color.

This sounds good to me! It would need to be highlighted in the tooltip though when crafting.

1 Like

The tooltip could show the chances to get each color.
Or something like “unknown”, “undetermined” or “Schrödinger’s color”.

1 Like

The tool tip is pretty misleading then, since the whole point of tool tips is to explain what is happening in the game, could the tool tip at least say, “1% chance black, 99% chance white?”

What if the majority is 10 black, and you add 9 red, 9 green, 9 blue, etc.

Still very game-able.

2 Likes

Maybe it would be better to just allow only one colour to be added at a time?

That would save any worries about ‘gaming’ or accidently getting wrong colour.

Or have a warning flash up when more than 1 colour is added?