Q&A: End Game

Q. How do you imagine the end game content ?

A: The end game content for Boundless is:

• Titans
  • Temples
  • Economic / Guild based competition
  • Exploring the most dangerous worlds

Here is some more info:

• Not all titans are created equal, there are hard ones and really hard ones.
  • Temples are buried or half-buried structures filled with protectors where unique resources can be found.
  • Controlling worlds and dominating the regional economies provides on-going challenge and reward.
  • Different worlds have different resources and creatures on them, and some are much more threatening than others. Some worlds will be a challenge to survive on even for the most powerful players.
22 Likes

And that sounds like it should provide enough of a challenge for most ^.^

Are you planning to put special bragging stuff in the hard worlds and temples?

Like special equipment or lore fragments to collect?

3 Likes

Ohhhh, so just because tiered worlds have been dropped doesn’t mean difficulty will be static across worlds.

Thank goodness.

Interest back at 100% (if not 110%).

Thanks Ollie!

5 Likes

There will definitely be something to show for all the difficult to do content. Exactly what form that will take is to be decided.

4 Likes

I know at least that lore fragments or something like that would be greatly appreciated by a lot of players.

Collecting and piecing together information is a great way to keep people ocupied.

4 Likes

Yeah that would be cool - people like collecting things. It would be cool as well if you had some way to display your accomplishments / lore fragments - like a trophy case or something along those lines.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Everyone will be spawned on one of a selection of relatively safe worlds with a basic set of resources, but there are lots of other worlds to be explored which have better resources, but also more powerful creatures and harsher survival conditions. Some provide a little more danger than normal, and some are hardcore. Which worlds you visit, and which world(s) you settle on is up to you.

7 Likes

So now to connect that to the guilds, would being a leading guild on avery hardcore world provide better stuff than being the leading guild on a safe world?

4 Likes

I was going to ask this too! Also, safe cities on hardcore worlds will be much more necessary.

2 Likes

Will there be daily or weekly challenges of any type?
PVE challenges like a super hard titan.
Other challenges such as targets like “earn 1000 coin”, etc.

4 Likes

That is one factor, but the busyness of the world is another.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, I’ll put it on the list.

7 Likes

Are you plan reactions from world for high amount of players, as “than more players in world so more dangerous this world”?

That would emediatly make all starter worlds seriously dangerious so probably not ^.^

I guess they are created dangerious and stay that way :smile:

3 Likes

It´s going to be quite interesting how hard “really hard” is going to be. (Are we talking about Dark Souls or just ‘entering a new region in WoW with a slightly to low lvl’ ? )

And something even more important:
Will we still be able to roam around alone on the hardest worlds or will the creatures there be hard enough to force players to group?

5 Likes

What kind of harsher survival conditions? Will we have to survive against environmental hazards like lava pits and poison gas, and carnivorous plants, or are we facing things like extreme heat/cold, dehydration, lack of food sources, poor atmoshphere, etc?

6 Likes

Definitely some really good questions there, interested to hear the answers :smiley:

1 Like

I know we kinda decided against higher or lower gravity but I think it could be cool on the really hardcore worlds, as that really mess peoples cordiantion up a lot.

3 Likes

The end game seems cool I think we will need some company to survive, going alone would be our death

1 Like

Or a challenge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: