This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
- Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Grapple beam effects.
- New controls. Grapples can be independently controlled with the left and right trigger/bumper buttons (+ d-pad down to release the oldest grapple) on a pad, and pulled/relaxed with ‘r’ and ‘f’ respectively on a keyboard.
- The majority of grapples no longer jerk you towards a grappled block when they connect.
- Change view button moved from ‘r’ to ‘v’ on keyboard.
- Creatures + Combat:
- Fix creatures spawning inside player beacons.
- The Tier 3 Spitter has an updated mesh and textures in line with other new creatures, supporting tinting and decals.
- GUI + HUD:
- Added animations in the combat and chat log.
- Added new gain hud log.
- Added passive and aggressive enemies in the compass.
- Compass reskin using new assets.
- Warps + Portals:
- Can now open warps to locations on the same world, these warps have a still temporary, but lower price of 300 compared to the usual cost of 500 coins.
- Unbroken, activated warps will now convert after 1 minute to a dormant warp state instead of automatically opening, wherein they may be re-activated for free to the same destination.
- Added monitoring of chunk download bandwidth on the debug screen and implemented rate limiting (setting in the options menu) of the chunk downloads to try and help with lag issues.
- Chunk downloading rate correctly saved in the game options.
- Expose send error reasons so we can kick people when sends are failing.
- Track error states on the protocol and kick players with protocol errors.
- Unload chunks over multiple frames to make portal transitions smoother.
- Update client and server networking libraries to latest versions.
- Update server connection processing to better resist players with slow connections hurting performance.
Outstanding Known Issues:
- Buying plinths that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
- Chat text overlaps with HUD Text in the centre of the screen.
- Chat UI overlaps with Game Log UI.
- Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
- Gem grappling hooks retract automatically when hanging.
- Grappling hooks will occasionally be left on the ground.
- Grappling hooks will occasionally go through blocks.
- Occasional crash may occur when using grappling hook.
- Shift-clicking an item from the selling plinth will show odd numbers and will not always go in the shopping basket.
- Shift-clicking and dragging on the coin icons from within the trading menus may cause a crash.
- Some Extractor machines lack animation.
- Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon’s plots placed throughout the process.
- The recipes are not final.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.