Monumental suggestions

With the update that was supposed to come out. I’m pretty sure there was a change so all blocks could be sprayed if my memory is correct.

4 Likes

Then you fall under the other type of “Some people” and get a gold star for the day, since your response tells me that either you don’t fully understand the problem, or you are content with how it is treating you.

2 Likes

Yeah, everything that doesn’t get its color from gleam.

the-brady

and even if people manage their time, you never know what happens outside of Boundless from that one time they didn’t manage to refuel their beacon in time. Stuff happens y’know.

2 Likes

So I think before you come up with a thousand new wishes for Boundless, the things that have been dormant in the Devlog Forum for years and have not yet been implemented should be integrated first. I think this will take a good 10 years and if Monumental still feels like supporting and promoting Boundless then you can think about new things for Boundless.

Just a few examples:

But that’s just my opinion.

And excuse the bad English, I can’t and I feel like an outsider anyway and have to use a translator and unfortunately there aren’t any good ones that really translate properly.

9 Likes

Another QOL;

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in this thread… but would be nice to be able to transfer all the plots on a beacon at one time instead of deleting the beacon at one time.

** and yes the player/character that it gets transferred too must have the correct number of plots.

1 Like

On the other hand, if the owner of those plots can’t be bothered to come on and refuel them I would argue they aren’t that committed to the city or whatever they built. My wife and I built a place on Sochaltin near a big store/palace. The shop stands were half-empty and never refilled. There was never anybody there. Portals existed but had closed up and never re-opened. As we expanded our build we saw how we could have built some nice things on that land but it just sat there taken up by a build that had basically been abandoned. We found out that the guy who built it had some package from EA where his builds would never expire. Honestly, if you don’t care enough to maintain it in some way or another you really don’t deserve to have it live on forever.

3 Likes

All this means is “he paid”.

No EA package publicly advertised granted this privilege. It’s someone who laid out for a ton of gleam club.

I’m not sure what you really mean by “deserve” here but this is a virtual space supported by financial contribution. Other than contributing financially, how do you “deserve” a spot?

6 Likes

That is correct…EA packages NEVER advertised unlimited gleam club or beacon fuel

4 Likes

I apologize if I am wrong on that. A couple of different people told me that but it may have been something they had been told and passed it on.

To counter that: if you haven’t planned your build well do you deserve that space? Why did you build so close to something you don’t like?

I think you’re missing my point and that is that builds that, let’s say had 2000h invested in them, are wasted to just be regened. If we disregard artistic value and having more stuff to explore, and count each hour as $5 that’s at least $10000 worth of time that someone invested in this game. I believe that it’s wasteful to let that regen because whatever. We need more builds in these vast worlds, not less.

1 Like

Please hire some of the OG Boundless devs (both from design and programming departments). Having some of the original team, who understand the codebase and how different systems connect to each other would greatly help to ease the transition and develop the game further much faster than a team that has to yet to learn the codebase. If they can’t move for whatever reason to Texas, you can always go the remote work route as typing code isn’t something you have to be in an office for.

I got granted 2 years of gleam club for my contributions as a leader before I retired, so I know they can make that happen, but none of the EA backer tiers had any inherent GC bonuses, as they existed before GC was even conceived.

1 Like

We didn’t build that close to start with. We expanded more than we expected and the minute we started expanding one direction the people fifteen plots away bought up everything between us and them to block us on that side. They never did anything with those plots between us and them. They just blocked us from expanding at all in that direction. And the other build we were near was basically abandoned. Why stick up for people building and then not playing the game? These abandoned builds discourage people because they can tell it is something somebody spent time and effort on but then decided the game is no longer worth their time. No matter how you slice it just keeping builds around because somebody at one time put effort into it is a waste of space and blocks others from using it. If you can’t be bothered to play you shouldn’t be immortalized forever just because.

2 Likes

We will definitely try to hire ex-Boundless devs. And we’re a remote-friendly company.

6 Likes

I’ll look into the EA commitments.

5 Likes

Was just looking back through @Minyi 's design artwork. Definitely worth looking at if available / interested.

7 Likes

That’s what we have beacon fuel system for. If someone doesn’t play, the fuel (or their gleam membership) will run out and eventually any plots they have will return to the “market”.

https://forum.playboundless.com/t/backer-reward-information/15361/2?u=havok40k

Link for your convenience